Sponsored

Colorado Checking In

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Could be, though I would think they'd try and get a little closer? The flight was into GJ. I was thinking Moab could be part of the agenda, but maybe they're looking in western CO, too, which would be cool for me. :)
Certainly if they were headed into GJ then it seems like Moab
From the RAN blog post:
1616095034730.png

The I25, I70 and 160 corridors looks pretty well covered.

I'm going to guess:
Fort Collins
Boulder
Denver (2)
Colorado Springs
Walsenburg
Salida
Buena Vista
Breckenridge
Idaho Springs
Winter Park
Estes Park
Glenwood Springs
Aspen
Grand Junction
Montrose
Telluride
Ouray
Cortez
Durango
Pagosa Springs
Monte Vista? Del Norte? South Fork? One of those three
I’m guessing Silverthorne or Frisco instead of Breck, since they’re both right along I70. And it looks like maybe Fairplay?
Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Certainly if they were headed into GJ then it seems like Moab

I’m guessing Silverthorne or Frisco instead of Breck, since they’re both right along I70. And it looks like maybe Fairplay?
Yeah, Frisco already has EA in the Walmart, so Silverthorne might make more sense?

Agree on Fairplay, my first thought was BV but looking at it closer, I think you're right.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
Not Colorado related, but Utah seems pretty well covered as well.

Should be some great times driving around these two states!

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
I have been working with my town (Manitou Springs) to get approval for installing two Level 3 chargers. I give it a 50/50 chance of happening. They aren't cheap and it's a bit of an uphill battle to convince the town to cover a lot of the cost.

However, I have been speaking with ChargePoint and they provided me with an update on some of the other chargers across Colorado. I was told the charging locations in the attach map (part of the Colorado EV plan) will be completed by the end of summer. All Level 3 charging. This includes areas like Durango, and Cortez that really need Level 3 charging.

Some other places that were recently approved (but not on the map) are Meeker and Redstone.

Colorado should be really well cover by the end of this year.

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In Untitled

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
1/5/19 R1T holder. Would have preferred Superior right next to Tesla. Rivian, Tesla and Audi within minutes of each other. Have to start planning a few Alpine loop adventures.

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Denver metro checking in here. I live on the north side and down get downtown very much. Has anyone gone to check out the supposed site of the retail center near Union Station?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Denver metro checking in here. I live on the north side and down get downtown very much. Has anyone gone to check out the supposed site of the retail center near Union Station?
Welcome aboard! Someone went by not to long ago and there wasn't much progress.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
it's 2900 Walnut St...drove past Friday and in the area again tomorrow. the big lot behind the building is all cleared out, but otherwise no visible progress. Not sure they even have an approved permit.

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I drove by this morning (I live only a couple blocks away) and there didn't appear to be any progress. The building supply company moved out and fences were put around the building a few months ago. Not much else.

I check the permits for that location fairly frequently, and there also has been no action since January. I noted above that the original January concept plan submission was flagged for a zoning issue and required resubmittal. I assumed that might be something minor, like they needed to adjust how the parking lot looked from the street. The zone permits car dealerships and there's a motorcycle dealership across the street. However, as the months go by with no action on the permits, I wonder if there might be another location they are also looking at . . .

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
I drove by this morning (I live only a couple blocks away) and there didn't appear to be any progress. The building supply company moved out and fences were put around the building a few months ago. Not much else.

I check the permits for that location fairly frequently, and there also has been no action since January. I noted above that the original January concept plan submission was flagged for a zoning issue and required resubmittal. I assumed that might be something minor, like they needed to adjust how the parking lot looked from the street. The zone permits car dealerships and there's a motorcycle dealership across the street. However, as the months go by with no action on the permits, I wonder if there might be another location they are also looking at . . .
This is the Architect/Engineer on Record for the project: www.kc-arch.com

Applicant:
Amanda George
Contact Number:(480) 619-9933
Project Description:
Conversion of an existing one story 12,355 SF industrial building into a retail sales center for all electric vehicles. The uses include light truck sales, food and drink sales, and associated off street parking in an adjacent surface parking lot. Uses do not include automobile repair or servicing
Owner:
IMMANENT GROVE LLC
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In caret_expanded
More Details (Contains record specific information including applicable permitting location.)
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In minus_collapse
Related Contacts
Engineer of Record information
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In minus_collapse
Application Information
PROJECT MASTER INFO
Project Master Number:
2021-PROJMSTR-0000030

PROJECT INFORMATION
Proposed Use 1:
Automobile / Motorcycle / Light Truck Sales, Rentals, Leasing; Pawn Lot or Vehicle Auctioneer
Proposed Use 2:
Eating & Drinking Establishment
Current Zone District:
I-MX-5
Are you requesting a rezone of your desired project location to accommodate your intended use?:
No
Size of Development Parcel (acres):
Size of Development Parcel (sq. ft):
Number of Existing Dwelling Units:
Number of Existing Structures:
Number of Proposed Dwelling Units:
Number of Existing Structures to Remain:
Number of Proposed New Structures:
Gross Floor Area (sq. ft):
Floor Area Ratio:
Percent of Land Covered by Structures:
Proposed Maximum Height(feet):
Proposed Maximum Height(stories):
Proposed Building Form 1:
Industrial
Number of Parking Spaces:
Number of Loading Spaces:
Phased Project:
No

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The building at 2900 Walnut is back available for lease. I suspect that means Rivian is not building a store at that site after all.

I drove by 3893 Steele Street, but it didn’t look like much was going on at that site yet.

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1622912453772

Last edited:

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Golden-based June '19 R1T LE res holder here.

Has anyone come across info on a service center (or even mobile service) in Denver? With Amazon testing the Rivian vans in Den it seems to me they need some sort of service options already.
Sponsored