Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Is he driving at 96 MPH in the snow?!?!
The cs rep just pointed that to me, that it was incredible that they were driving 100mph in the snow... Sadly nothing new about the voltage system
Sponsored

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
2) L2 Charging losses are almost always about 10% (=/- ~ 2%)
My first three Teslas had charging loss of between 8 - 12%. However, our new Model Y has averaged a loss of only 1.7%. Same charging equipment, just different car. My assumption is that newer onboard charging tech is much more efficient.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Based on this shot I am very worried about glare on the instrument panel screen... Hopefully it won't be a problem.
Screenshot_20210226-144818.jpg

However, I wonder if the reason it is so close to the driver is because it's a touch screen that you can interact with. I doubt it but it'd be interesting to see how that would be implemented.
I am pretty sure it is a film on the binnacle that you are seeing.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
My first three Teslas had charging loss of between 8 - 12%. However, our new Model Y has averaged a loss of only 1.7%. Same charging equipment, just different car. My assumption is that newer onboard charging tech is much more efficient.
Where are you getting the charge loss figure?

Teslas application filed with the EPA shows:

Providing 77.7 kWh from the battery and taking 87.8 kWh to fully recharge the LR
Rivian R1T R1S Cold Weather Testing | Progress Report | Rivian - Official Video 1614379785969

Providing 81 kWh from the battery and taking 92.2 kWh to fully recharge the Performance version
Rivian R1T R1S Cold Weather Testing | Progress Report | Rivian - Official Video 1614379821258

Link to complete application:
https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_file.jsp?docid=51237&flag=1

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Some screengrabs of the infotainment systems.

This screen says "Demo", but hints at the UI that could be available for some sort of autonomous driving capabilities:
Rivian R1T R1S Cold Weather Testing | Progress Report | Rivian - Official Video vlcsnap-2021-02-26-14h50m45s889

Different driving modes and probably more close to the final UI versus all the mockups in the prototype vehicles. When you're in Engineering mode, "Nothing can stop you" :)
Rivian R1T R1S Cold Weather Testing | Progress Report | Rivian - Official Video vlcsnap-2021-02-26-14h52m29s688

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
They may, but it takes a lot more heat to get the cabin to 65 than the battery to 14.
Once the battery is powering the drive motors it is self heating as it generates that power.

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Some screengrabs of the infotainment systems.

This screen says "Demo", but hints at the UI that could be available for some sort of autonomous driving capabilities:
vlcsnap-2021-02-26-14h50m45s889.png

Different driving modes and probably more close to the final UI versus all the mockups in the prototype vehicles. When you're in Engineering mode, "Nothing can stop you" :)
vlcsnap-2021-02-26-14h52m29s688.png
Bottom one says conserve. Probably like eco mode

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This one says Brake Regen. I can't make out the others though. Any ideas?
Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 6.05.01 PM.png
I posted a higher resolution of this on the first page of this thread

DrivetrainDampingRoll StiffnessComfort(?) Valve
4x4All-PurposeOff-roadClosed
ABS ModeTCSESC
All-PurposeAll-PurposeAll-Purpose

I'm very intrigued by the "4x4" drivetrain. Does that imply that there is a non-4x4 mode that you can select?

EDIT: All my posts are being hidden for some reason. I wondered why it felt like I was talking to myself all day!

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Based on this shot I am very worried about glare on the instrument panel screen... Hopefully it won't be a problem.
Screenshot_20210226-144818.jpg

However, I wonder if the reason it is so close to the driver is because it's a touch screen that you can interact with. I doubt it but it'd be interesting to see how that would be implemented.
As it is perpendicular to the driver, the likely reflection would be that of yourself. In other words, I’m guessing the driver would block any reflected light from coming back into their eyes. It will, however, mean the passengers may get a blast of outside light bouncing off of that screen.

Upon further review of this pic, I hope that screen is tilted upright enough to keep from capturing any reflection or light from the back window over the driver’s shoulders. If not, that will be both annoying and dangerous. When was the last time you remember finding thick enough phone books to remedy this kind of issue? If you don’t get that reference, I envy you.

Last edited:

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
This one says Brake Regen. I can't make out the others though. Any ideas?
Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 6.05.01 PM.png
Drive train, damping, roll stiffness, comfort valve, break regen(like you already said), ABS, FCS, and ESC. I’m wearing glasses so I can make it out a little better
Sponsored