First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanic
Anyone else notice the temperature setting for the climate control not working as expected. For example the temperature outside is 52F and cabin is the same. I set the temperature to 70F and the AC is blowing only when I turn up the temperature to 73F is when the heat comes on.
Sponsored

swaggner

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3M / Rivian R1T (future)
Clubs

Yes same. The HVAC functionality needs improvement, which will hopefully be addressed in a future OTA update.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It’s a POS, but as someone mentioned, hitting the recirculating button can switch from cold to warm air if it’s blowing cold.

Deleted member 7086

I have had the same problem since I took delivery in May. 112 outside, running the AC (on Auto), heat will come on. Winter, 30 outside running the heat (on Auto) AC will come on. Had the SC look at it during my most recent visit. Couldn’t find a cause. Surmised it is a software problem. If enough people complain maybe a future update will solve it. I now run the HVAC on manual. Seems to help. While a pure guess on my part I think the humidity sensor is causing the AC/heat to fight with each other.

OP
OP
suprteck

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanic
I have had the same problem since I took delivery in May. 112 outside, running the AC (on Auto), heat will come on. Winter, 30 outside running the heat (on Auto) AC will come on. Had the SC look at it during my most recent visit. Couldn’t find a cause. Surmised it is a software problem. If enough people complain maybe a future update will solve it. I now run the HVAC on manual. Seems to help. While a pure guess on my part I think the humidity sensor is causing the AC/heat to fight with each other.
I am using it in manual mode and if I want the heat to turn on it has to be set at 72F and if I want the AC to come on it has to be set at 71 F at least that’s when the symbols switch from heat to AC. Hope if gets fixed soon

Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Yep. It almost seems like the system is AC when set to 70 and heat when set to 71. Other times, it sort of works.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Yep. It almost seems like the system is AC when set to 70 and heat when set to 71. Other times, it sort of works.
I don’t remember sitting in a modern car with automatic climate control past the 2000s that couldn’t make sense of when to heat and cool based on the outside temperature. Bizarre Rivian software team has put this on the back burner.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I am using it in manual mode and if I want the heat to turn on it has to be set at 72F and if I want the AC to come on it has to be set at 71 F at least that’s when the symbols switch from heat to AC. Hope if gets fixed soon
Same with my 2023 R1T VIN 17,XXX delivered Friday.
I was setting some things up in the cab yesterday morning (it was a sunless 38deg day) and the truck had just cold-soaked outside overnight so the cab was probably 40deg inside with no solar heating. I turned the climate control up to 70F and even after 2min ice cold air was still coming out of the vents with blue snowflake icons showing in front of the vents in the center display . I then bumped the temp up to 73deg and the blue snowflake icons suddenly switched to red heat waves and I immediately felt warm air coming out of the vents.

Very strange behavior... đŸ€”

skigramps

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
Anyone else notice the temperature setting for the climate control not working as expected. For example the temperature outside is 52F and cabin is the same. I set the temperature to 70F and the AC is blowing only when I turn up the temperature to 73F is when the heat comes on.
Exactly the same parameters in my S, exactly

Sponsored

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Ha, so it's not just my Rivian. I thought it was one of a kind 😉.

OP
OP
suprteck

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanic
So I did some testing with the Hvac set to auto and measured the temperature at the vents and it seems the temperature of the air is correct but it’s the symbols on the screen that shows a snowflake or heat is not correct. I would just ignore the symbols. The outside temperature was 60F when I did this.
Rivian R1T R1S Climate controls not functioning correctly 9895B37C-A16F-4236-B9A0-C608F406BF1E
Rivian R1T R1S Climate controls not functioning correctly BCDE4B1A-AAFA-41BD-B737-404D3EFBD7AA

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
The cabin temp runs so freakin warm. So the internal temp may be 72, which is why it’s cooling at 71 instead of heating.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
The snowflake symbols might be wrong - but coincidentally when they are “wrong” I just happen to be looking at them saying out loud “why the F are you blowing cold air on me?!” Or “why is the fan so frickin’ loud when it’s set to 1/10?! - oh the truck is blowing a** loads of cold air onto the windshield with recirculate set to outside!”

Lots of exclamations lately! :facepalm: Seems much more screwy since last update, although these are the first cold months I have had.

Good news though, I can pre-cool my sets in February s00n.
Sponsored