First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
consultant
Has anyone traveled from MD to Maine and, if yes, were charging locations a challenge? Or was charging not a problem.
Sponsored

JJE

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LG, Chevy Bolt
I've traveled from MD to NYC and it was no problem. There were lots if EA chargers and they worked well. I can't imagine the situation from NYC to Boston is any different. If you drive in Conserve mode and keep your speed down to 65/70 you probably only need to stop once to charge.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

I've done Portland to New York a number of times, no problem. Where in Maine are you headed? Charging starts getting pretty sparse north of Portland.

OP
OP

Esap

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
consultant
I've done Portland to New York a number of times, no problem. Where in Maine are you headed? Charging starts getting pretty sparse north of Portland.

OP
OP

Esap

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
consultant
Thanks and right. Headed to Rockland area. Tesla never an issue because of charger in Kennebunkport turnpike stop. It has two non-Tesla stalls. But as long as EA, EVGO etc. are reliable up to that point, much relieved. Thanks again.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Esap

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
consultant
I've traveled from MD to NYC and it was no problem. There were lots if EA chargers and they worked well. I can't imagine the situation from NYC to Boston is any different. If you drive in Conserve mode and keep your speed down to 65/70 you probably only need to stop once to charge.
Thanks. Conserve Mode it is.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Eventually all the Tesla superchargers should be equipped to charge CCS vehicles. Nobody knows how long that will take of course. I imagine Tesla will equip heavily used stations along the most well travelled routes first.

blaprade

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150
Occupation
Software Development Manager
Clubs

Has anyone traveled from MD to Maine and, if yes, were charging locations a challenge? Or was charging not a problem.
plugshare has a nice mobile app and also a web version that allows for planning trips and identifying locations with chargers along your route. I live in MA and travel from Maine to NY/PA and have found it helpful to ensure I’m not guessing.

OP
OP

Esap

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
consultant
Thanks. Good to know PlugShare is reliable. In the past, with my S and Y, I found it unnecessary

inconceivable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
EA in CT is really spotty. If you’re traveling up 95 and you need a charge in CT I highly recommend their Stratford location. It is the latest generation with 8 stalls. Typically they’re all working and putting out good power.

i traveled to Maine from CT recently, but elected not to use the Rivian. It seemed pretty doable, but definitely use PlugShare to confirm which stations appear to be functioning well. My experience with EA is very hit or miss.

Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

EA in CT is really spotty. If you’re traveling up 95 and you need a charge in CT I highly recommend their Stratford location. It is the latest generation with 8 stalls. Typically they’re all working and putting out good power.

i traveled to Maine from CT recently, but elected not to use the Rivian. It seemed pretty doable, but definitely use PlugShare to confirm which stations appear to be functioning well. My experience with EA is very hit or miss.
My last trip ME>NYC I used sturbridge on the way down and stamford and seabrook nh on the way back. All worked well for me. Doing the drive again next week, will report back if anything is wonky...

OP
OP

Esap

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
consultant
My last trip ME>NYC I used sturbridge on the way down and stamford and seabrook nh on the way back. All worked well for me. Doing the drive again next week, will report back if anything is wonky...
Thanks!
Sponsored