DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I'm still fuming about that damn earworm jingle from Subway touting their "$5....$5 Foot-long". First Jared, then an 11-inch "footlong" "Tuna" sandwich, that we now know has no Tuna in it! I am so aggrieved and outraged! I can hardly wait for my big payday! ?

Now, if Dewey, Cheatham, & Howe would just call me, we could get started on this big lawsuit!
? + ? =???
Sponsored

Last edited:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I'm still fuming about that damn earworm jingle from Subway touting their "$5....$5 Foot-long". First Jared, then an 11-inch "footlong" "Tuna" sandwich, that we now know has no Tuna in it! I am so aggrieved and outraged! I can hardly wait for my big payday! ?

Now, if Dewey, Cheatham, & Howe would just call me, we could get started on this big lawsuit!
? + ? = ???
It's also not even on bread, according to Irish regulators! (The sugar content of the delivery vehicle for meat and toppings is too high to be labeled as "bread" under Irish law.)

Sarespenc

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Everyone, I reached out to CS yesterday to confirm Max daily routine charge level, and I was told that they recommend to always charge to 100% as the BMS will monitor the health and adapt charging characteristics to maintain health and minimize battery degradation. Is anyone else feeling confidence in that answer and charging to 100% always? Coming from a Tesla, this will be something that goes against habit, but makes sense if there is a buffer.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Hi Everyone, I reached out to CS yesterday to confirm Max daily routine charge level, and I was told that they recommend to always charge to 100% as the BMS will monitor the health and adapt charging characteristics to maintain health and minimize battery degradation. Is anyone else feeling confidence in that answer and charging to 100% always? Coming from a Tesla, this will be something that goes against habit, but makes sense if there is a buffer.
If that were truly the case, then why would the 'Daily' setting be limited to 70%? Doesn't pass the sniff test...

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

This will be good advice for the LFP standard battery. It's not good advice for the Large (and presumably Max pack) chemistry. There's not really any way to adapt to limit degradation besides just not charging up to 100%.

Sponsored

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I would guess they're telling you if you need it, don't stress too much about it. But the manual clearly advises using the Daily limit (70%) if you don't need the additional range on any given day.

Sarespenc

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I would guess they're telling you if you need it, don't stress too much about it. But the manual clearly advises using the Daily limit (70%) if you don't need the additional range on any given day.
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I have yet to get my hands on the manual. I was surprised for them saying “we recommend always charging to 100%” as it was very clear in response to my question “what is the recommended charge level for the daily routine driving if full range is not needed?”. Odd they have CS giving poor advice.

Sarespenc

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
If that were truly the case, then why would the 'Daily' setting be limited to 70%? Doesn't pass the sniff test...
I agree! I don’t have the manual yet, so I was basing my comment on what I was told… maybe the charging CS team should read the manual…

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I have yet to get my hands on the manual. I was surprised for them saying “we recommend always charging to 100%” as it was very clear in response to my question “what is the recommended charge level for the daily routine driving if full range is not needed?”. Odd they have CS giving poor advice.
Manual here: Rivian

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I've been charging to 70% only and that is enough for me. For my Model Y I used to charge to 80%.
Sponsored