Charge curve >70%

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Anyone have decent data on charge rates above 70% up to 100%? I haven’t been quick enough on the screen grabs (and there’s no way to get it from the truck, is there?) but it’s clear it drops off precipitously past 70%. Some of that is expected, but it does seem to dive <50kW once you get above around 85%.

Would be good to get a real sense of charge rate. The guess-o-meter on “time to charge” is pretty bad in my experience. For example, it might tell me 20 minutes but really take 40+ if I’m going to 85%, let alone past it.

FYI this is all from the RAN. I haven’t bothered checking on EA or others yet.
Sponsored

ER1T

First Name
Er
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
Anyone have decent data on charge rates above 70% up to 100%? I haven’t been quick enough on the screen grabs (and there’s no way to get it from the truck, is there?) but it’s clear it drops off precipitously past 70%. Some of that is expected, but it does seem to dive <50kW once you get above around 85%.

Would be good to get a real sense of charge rate. The guess-o-meter on “time to charge” is pretty bad in my experience. For example, it might tell me 20 minutes but really take 40+ if I’m going to 85%, let alone past it.

FYI this is all from the RAN. I haven’t bothered checking on EA or others yet.
Youtube search “state of charge” & rivian…all the charge info you could possibly want

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Charge curve >70% 1679063145511
This is a 0-100% charge curve at a RAN. Not very good, almost 2 hours. After~15 minutes it falls off a cliff and from there on its brutally slow.

OP
OP
mikehmb

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Yeah get that checked out - I see decent rates until I hit 50-60%, then a precipitous drop after.

Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Yeah get that checked out - I see decent rates until I hit 50-60%, then a precipitous drop after.
This is my experience as well.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

That doesn't seem normal compared to others who have charged at a RAN and EA. Shouldn't drop off much until 50%.
I have an appointment next month, but I may have figured out whats going on. Today was a sunny warm day in the PNW and my AC doesn’t work. I don’t know if the battery cooling and cabin cooling are tied together, but if they are……
Sponsored