Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Caught this jackass trying to open my door and attempt to steal my racks at Victoria Gardens. Thank you Gear Guard.

Sponsored

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Did you get a notification on your phone that gear guard was triggered? Did it have any form of deterrent other than letting you know?

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Did you get a notification on your phone that gear guard was triggered? Did it have any form of deterrent other than letting you know?
Unfortunately neither. I got lucky that I caught the guy right when I was walking to my car and security asked to see the footage.

Praying that an app notification for gear guard is coming in the near future, or that the alarm sounds as soon as someone tries to manually open the door. Got lucky this time

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
GG sent a notification to my phone one time when it went off with my dog inside. I don't know what caused it, as I've lever her in while picking up food a few times, and she didn't seem to be doing anything (I could see her).

In that instance lights were flashing (IIRC), but it did *not* make any noises. Which I find very confusing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

GG sent a notification to my phone one time when it went off with my dog inside. I don't know what caused it, as I've lever her in while picking up food a few times, and she didn't seem to be doing anything (I could see her).

In that instance lights were flashing (IIRC), but it did *not* make any noises. Which I find very confusing.
Interesting. I’ve never experienced that before with my dogs. I know they’re new and working on things, but there’s so much more to be done for GG to be truly useful in these situations IMO

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
When I took my truck to get winter tires installed, it automatically locked in the Discount Tire shop bay. The alarm was trigger when they started jacking up my truck and the Rivian App immediately notified me on my phone that the alarm was going off. So apparently it will notify you if the alarm goes off.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Good job Gary!

Obviously it will be better if he can send you a notification in that situation, but it captured pretty good video of their faces and what they were wearing. Good enough to make a positive ID if necessary. Weird the alarm didn’t go off. Even the alarm in my Tacoma goes off if I pull on the door handle without the keys in my pocket.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Weird the alarm didn’t go off. Even the alarm in my Tacoma goes off if I pull on the door handle without the keys in my pocket.
This is one of Rivian's clever ways of addressing vampire drain.

Sponsored

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Good job Gary!

Obviously it will be better if he can send you a notification in that situation, but it captured pretty good video of their faces and what they were wearing. Good enough to make a positive ID if necessary. Weird the alarm didn’t go off. Even the alarm in my Tacoma goes off if I pull on the door handle without the keys in my pocket.
Yeah very surprised it didn’t go off especially when he tried 3 different times. Hopefully something they can improve on with a future update

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

When I took my truck to get winter tires installed, it automatically locked in the Discount Tire shop bay. The alarm was trigger when they started jacking up my truck and the Rivian App immediately notified me on my phone that the alarm was going off. So apparently it will notify you if the alarm goes off.
Ah good to know. Fingers crossed this gets even better then!

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

I had the same thing happen to me. I have left the dogs in the Rivian with pet mode on several times. only one time did I alarms get triggered that I had to shut off with my phone. it happened a few times in that one occurrence but not before or since. I know there's been other times when they've been in the car and barking at passers-by but no alarm.

Gigawatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fast ones
Dodged one this time. You're lucky these dirt bags didn't break your window or locks.
Sponsored