Sponsored

Canadian delivery timeframe

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
At least this line was added to the Prospectus: "The R1T and R1S are currently undergoing product homologation for Canada"
This is somewhat good news.
But by the time they get Transport Canada approvals, have a service centre established, deliver to their Canadian employees, all us 'third party' customers might not see our R1s till 2023.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I saw a pictured posted to one of the FB groups of an R1T spotted in West Vancouver with BC Plates. I'm assuming it was an employee as they have a development office in Vancouver.

Employee or not - I assume if someone has insured an R1T in BC that it would need to have the required approvals from Transport Canada...

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
I saw a pictured posted to one of the FB groups of an R1T spotted in West Vancouver with BC Plates. I'm assuming it was an employee as they have a development office in Vancouver.

Employee or not - I assume if someone has insured an R1T in BC that it would need to have the required approvals from Transport Canada...
I would assume the same! Great news.

Sponsored

Spspencer

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes-Benz GLS 63 AMG
Occupation
Automation
For what it’s worth, when I called my insurance company last week they were able to give a rate quote on the R1T. The R1S is not in the system yet.
As for my 2 cents on deliveries, in the IPO announcement they said by the end of 2021 they plan on producing 1000 R1T’s and 12 R1S. Based on that they are still ramping up production and as optimistic as I am that they will start producing 10,000 vehicles a month the fact that they are young and likely still working through the wonderful supply chain issues that are plaguing every company I would think we would be into summer before we see Canadian deliveries.
with that being said I hope I’m proven wrong and it magically shows up in Feb ?

Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gl63
For what it’s worth, when I called my insurance company last week they were able to give a rate quote on the R1T. The R1S is not in the system yet.
As for my 2 cents on deliveries, in the IPO announcement they said by the end of 2021 they plan on producing 1000 R1T’s and 12 R1S. Based on that they are still ramping up production and as optimistic as I am that they will start producing 10,000 vehicles a month the fact that they are young and likely still working through the wonderful supply chain issues that are plaguing every company I would think we would be into summer before we see Canadian deliveries.
with that being said I hope I’m proven wrong and it magically shows up in Feb ?
12 SUV?

Spspencer

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes-Benz GLS 63 AMG
Occupation
Automation
I had mixed up my production numbers with the delivery numbers. My apologies. Here is the quote from Rivian,

Production plan
According to the plan, by the end of this year, Rivian will produce and deliver more than 1,000 electric vehicles (all types). However, the previous rumors that the company prioritizes the EDV van over R1T/R1S appear to be false.

Here is the latest official Rivian's plan for 2021:

• Total expected production: over 1,200
    R1T: approximately 1,200
    R1S: approximately 25
    EDV: approximately 10
  • Total expected deliveries: over 1,000
    R1T: approximately 1,000
    R1S: approximately 15
    EDV: approximately 10

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It has the warning sticker at bottom left of the rear window, as found on the prototype vehicles. Likely this is not an employee/customer vehicle just yet

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Well my Dec 2018 pre-order of an R1S in BC has been assigned a window of July-September 2022. Saw another poster on FB with an even earlier pre-order (R1T) in Ottawa with the same window.

So I would say Canadian deliveries are now beginning in July 2022 (rather than the November 2021 on their support page). If anyone in Canada gets an LE window that is earlier - post here!

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
So looks like all Canadian Non-LE orders are Spring of 2023 earliest.

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Early Feb 2019 LE R1S in Montreal… Got July to Sept too, this sucks. Im pulling the trigger on something else… ill see if Ill trade it in then. I have to say I wouldnt be surprised if these estimates keep sliding to the right but theres probably zero chance it will end up being before ( I would think attrition has been factored).

Spspencer

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes-Benz GLS 63 AMG
Occupation
Automation
I think telsa had a 20% attrition so likely built that in. I did contact them and they said they were not backfilling cancelled first edition orders so likely confirms that.

With the latest delivery dates the attrition might me higher than they expect.

Zach05855

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
My R1T order with Maxpack is from January 2019....No email for me..

Looks like my Hummer Edition one and / or the F150 Lightning will come before the R1T so will probably cancel once the Hummer shows up.
Sponsored