Sponsored

Canadian delivery timeframe

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
I did a website chat today and this is what I was told:

I then asked how I was suppose to know this and also pointed out that my configuration and pricing is still in USD. Reply below:

I think the take home message for me is that some people with early pre-orders and a Canadian address are in limbo until they fix something on their end. I will note that my USD deposit was returned to me sometime ago. I also cancelled my pre-order after the price hike and immediately jumped back when they decided to honour the original prices.

As I mentioned I highly doubt I will end up with this vehicle based on my location. There is no harm in keeping my pre-order, since they have returned my deposit. We will see what the future holds.
That's a horseshit answer from CS and they know it.

The CDN pricing was fixable as early as November 2020 when the configurator launched. I pre-ordered in April 2019 and there was only the USD option but I thought nothing of it until I just happened to ask CS when the configurator launched.

A bit perplexed that they wouldn't/couldn't have sorted out that nonsense LONG before it came time to get delivery estimates sorted.
Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
A bit perplexed that they wouldn't/couldn't have sorted out that nonsense LONG before it came time to get delivery estimates sorted.
They corrected a number of Canadian orders already in Feb 2021. Not sure why they didn't do all of them then.

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Spotted in Victoria, BC yesterday. Normal BC plates, dog in the back. Probably no employees out here, so an actual delivery? Didn't hang around to ambush the owner
Rivian R1T R1S Canadian delivery timeframe PXL_20230204_012646546

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Spotted in Victoria, BC yesterday. Normal BC plates, dog in the back. Probably no employees out here, so an actual delivery? Didn't hang around to ambush the owner
PXL_20230204_012646546.jpg
Saw my first R1S in the wild a few days ago in North Van too.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
I just checked and got my delivery window. It went from processing estimate to Jan-Jun 2024 delivery. Lol. I guess that service centre in Ontario is going to take some time to be built.

I also noticed that Rivian refunded me the $1,000 USD deposit on Jan 31st.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wolffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS SVR
I put my deposit down in October of last year and have not been requested for my configuration yet. Given what delivery window estimate you just received my vehicle would be post June ‘24. Very disappointing.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I put my deposit down in October of last year and have not been requested for my configuration yet. Given what delivery window estimate you just received my vehicle would be post June ‘24. Very disappointing.
lol most of us have been waiting 3-4+ years. I've blown through so many delivery estimates I've lost count. 2021, 2022, 2023, and now on to 2024. In that time, they've also deleted my max-pack Quad Motor configuration (or any chance of getting it this decade it seems), removed the power tonneau with no option to add the re-engineered one, and removed the camp kitchen (who the hell knows what's going on with that?)

Last edited:

Wolffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS SVR
Oh I agree those of you that have been waiting that long have way more patience than I would - kudos to you all for your determination.

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Oh my sweet summer child. Welcome to the club. 🤣

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
PXL_20230204_012646546.jpg
They do have an office in Vancouver. So it's possible it *could* be an employee visiting from the mainland.

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Small box to contain an R1T....unless Rivian has learned how to flatpack like the Swedes. :rock:

Rivian Box.jpg
Rivian Charger.jpg
Ooo. Nice! How far ahead is the charger vs when truck is supposed to be delivered?

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
I can't wait to see more R1Ts, and R1S's. Every day I see Lightnings driving by.
Sponsored