Sponsored

Camp Kitchen Update: Rivian aiming for Fall release

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

If the Snow Peak cooking stuff is the gating item, just ship the rest and send the cooking kit when available please.
Seems very unlikely Snow Peak is the issue. Those items are in stock on their website.
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
If the Snow Peak cooking stuff is the gating item, just ship the rest and send the cooking kit when available please.
100% it is supply of the cooktop. The company that makes it had been ā€œout of stockā€ for quite some time.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

great. perfect timing Rivian. it'll get all kinds of use in the fall and winter... might as well release it next year as we get closer to Spring. please, spend the resources and cycles on production, delivery and service improvements.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
great. perfect timing Rivian. it'll get all kinds of use in the fall and winter... might as well release it next year as we get closer to Spring. please, spend the resources and cycles on production, delivery and service improvements.
The people working on accessories like the camp kitchen(Iā€™ve met some of them!) are not people working on production , delivery, and service.

Different departments do different things.

OP
OP
Zac

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

My understanding in talking with various Rivian folks is that the initial prototypes were completely built by hand and they are having a challenging time determining how to scale up production. It didn't sound like supply chain constraints.

Also, they have iterated on the design, making improvements along the way. For example, the water container for the sink can now be accessed without having to close the kitchen and get to it from the other side of the truck.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I remember getting excited about the video posted back in 2021 of them doing a walkthrough of it. The layout of everything is completely different than the video and has some different components to it.

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Update: Rivian aiming for Fall release 1663705952277

On the orderpage, vs the youtube
Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Update: Rivian aiming for Fall release 1663706224499
Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Update: Rivian aiming for Fall release 1663706190734

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Update: Rivian aiming for Fall release 1663706206661

I'm still slowly working on getting mine together but plan on spending a bit of time on it this weekend.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
As long as the kitchen doesnā€™t end up like the powered tonneau cover, it will be worth the wait. Hopefully they are getting it right and making it bomb proof.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
great. perfect timing Rivian. it'll get all kinds of use in the fall and winter... might as well release it next year as we get closer to Spring.
I'm super stoked to get the camp kitchen ASAP, and will absolutely use it a ton this fall and winter if it's ready on time. Grilling up some meat aprĆØs ski sounds lovely.

šŸŒˆ not everyone is you šŸŒˆ

please, spend the resources and cycles on production, delivery and service improvements.
Let's not pretend they pulled people off the R1T assembly line to play supply chain whack-a-mole with the Camp Kitchen. These are different departments and non-fungible challenges.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm super stoked to get the camp kitchen ASAP, and will absolutely use it a ton this fall and winter if it's ready on time. Grilling up some meat aprĆØs ski sounds lovely.

Let's not pretend they pulled people off the R1T assembly line to play supply chain whack-a-mole with the Camp Kitchen. These are different departments and non-fungible challenges.
Iā€™ll use it year round too. I wonā€™t use it in winter here, but I definitely will when driving south in winter.

OP
OP
Zac

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Iā€™ll use it year round too. I wonā€™t use it in winter here, but I definitely will when driving south in winter.
Yeah, I am with you. Would be great to use year round, but it might be a bit difficult to use in San Diego in the winter. :p

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

But what if everyone is you? What if we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Would that mean we get the Camp Kitchen s00n? (Apologies to Bill Hicks)

The double rainbow is such a nice touch. šŸ¤£I'm shameless stealing it and I can't wait to use.

Rivian R1T R1S Camp Kitchen Update: Rivian aiming for Fall release giphy

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, I am with you. Would be great to use year round, but it might be a bit difficult to use in San Diego in the winter. :p
I guess it could get down to, likeā€¦73 or something, hmm?

my brother in law lives there. He owns one pair of pants, for rare formal occasions that do not permit shorts.

But what if everyone is you? What if we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Would that mean we get the Camp Kitchen s00n? (Apologies to Bill Hicks)

The double rainbow is such a nice touch. šŸ¤£I'm shameless stealing it and I can't wait to use.

giphy.gif
Oh great, rivian waiting game already causes me to question the nature of reality. Youā€™re not helping!

ā€œwherever you go, there you areā€

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Well, Rivian made everyone take it off their truck order since they didn't know when it would be ready. I don't know if they have some priority list or not. They only promised we would get it at the original (pre-March 1) pricing of $5k.
Iā€™m speaking with my Guide tomorrow. I asked via email if she could confirm that I have a locked, ā€œPre-Marchā€ pricing on the Camp Kitchen. She checked and stated that any option removed from your configuration will not be price protected and that I will have to remove minešŸ˜¢. I was a yes at $5k and thinking that was a lot, but $6,750 is an easy no.
Sponsored