First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
Anyone else concerned about buying an expensive EV vehicle from startup (remember Fisker)? I have my deposit on a launch edition RTS but keep thinking about having the hope and faith in a brand new company albeit the large investment from Amazon and Ford.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Anyone else concerned about buying an expensive EV vehicle from startup (remember Fisker)? I have my deposit on a launch edition RTS but keep thinking about having the hope and faith in a brand new company albeit the large investment from Amazon and Ford.
No.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'd be concerned buying from Fisker.

Rivian is maybe a higher risk than GM... But I remind myself that Amazon and Ford took bigger risks on Rivian, and they did their due dilligence.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

HJP1,

Sorry for the previous short response to what I now see is your first dive into this really fun pool. I was simply trying to send the message that I'm good with Rivian. I wouldn't be good with any other EV start-up out there, but there may be some I have yet to notice.

Good to have you joining in the Adventure!

OP
OP
HJP1

HJP1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
HJP1,

Sorry for the previous short response to what I now see is your first dive into this really fun pool. I was simply trying to send the message that I'm good with Rivian. I wouldn't be good with any other EV start-up out there, but there may be some I have yet to notice.

Good to have you joining in the Adventure!
No worries DuckTruck as I am fairly comfortable with Rivian also, I was just trying to gage peoples perspective as I know there will be a number of depositors who will not go through with the purchase for various reasons. I wonder what % of canceled orders Rivian puts in their projections?

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Is there a legacy thread in this forum that shows who are the "old-guards" with early Rivian deposits circa 2018 or early 2019? I'd be curious to know who the likely candidates are for early Guide contacts if it plays out that way.

Myself... I'm a mid-2020 depositer but hoping that securing a L.E. (R1T) gets me bumped up. I really have no clue if that means I should have hopes for say July-Aug... or realistically say Q4 most likely.

I know some speculate that regional area could play into sequencing of production orders. If so, then again I'm optimistic since I'm in California - EV "capital of the world" (or close anyway).

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I put my deposit down December 13, 2018. So I guess that makes me part of the old guard!

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Is there a legacy thread in this forum that shows who are the "old-guards" with early Rivian deposits circa 2018 or early 2019? I'd be curious to know who the likely candidates are for early Guide contacts if it plays out that way.

Myself... I'm a mid-2020 depositer but hoping that securing a L.E. (R1T) gets me bumped up. I really have no clue if that means I should have hopes for say July-Aug... or realistically say Q4 most likely.

I know some speculate that regional area could play into sequencing of production orders. If so, then again I'm optimistic since I'm in California - EV "capital of the world" (or close anyway).
You could look through this thread :

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/find-your-rivian-order-number-post-it-here.644/

There are some 11/26/2018 pre-order folks in there.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I'm one of the day 1 pre-order holders with an LE configured and will certainly share when I am contacted and whatever delivery schedule they provide.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
February 2019 here. I thought the deposit a decent risk even then.

Rivian R1T R1S Buying high end EV from start up 0992DA27-0251-45A1-909B-0FE06998E540

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

13DEC2018 here with LE R1T, I second bowhunter's response and will keep y'all apprised.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I'm one of the day 1 pre-order holders with an LE configured and will certainly share when I am contacted and whatever delivery schedule they provide.
Are you close to Normal?

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I have concerns, sure. But not enough to stop me from buying. Their capital position gives me a lot of peace of mind relative to sustaining them through the first years of shipping and mass production hell. I think they are viable long term and take good care of us early adopters. Iā€™m sure there will be some initial issues, but Iā€™m confident they will correct them quickly and retroactively.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
The way an IPO will be priced alleviates concerns for me as does Amazon involvement. Iā€™m more worried about the charging network and what itā€™s like to drive.