First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
When I had my R1T ppf'd, the shop did a thorough walk around inspection and took many pictures. They're thoroughly trained to notice any dent to the body panels before receipt of vehicle. It would be surprising if this was missed.
Like I said, in the 20/20 perfection of the internet, everyone is always flawless.
If they did not spot the damage during walk-through, they're liable for it. They could have inadvertently hit the door on something and didn't realized they dented it. Doesn't matter how well respected they are, denying it is easy to do. It's hard to imagine you did not noticed it during all this time you have the truck. If you don't think it was you who dented it, it's most likely the shop.

Not to say it was not there when it was delivered but just seems odd to me you get it wrapped over a month later and automatically deduce it must have been there all along.

My opinion way too much time has passed for me to expect Rivian to address that.
Good point!
Sponsored

Lpotter86

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Op. You must have pictures of the truck on day of delivery?

NWCamper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Something, something
It is small claims court as to the PPF company.
The place I used did to an intake and would have told me about issues with dents. They even fixed a swirl or two or a scratch that was there --- things I had seen.
Find it hard to believe that got there at delivery - if it did you own it. one or two days...OK...but three weeks - no friggin way.
If you buy an 80 to 90k car and let it sit as accessary for three weeks THEN see some damage,
Shame on you....WTF
Flaming hard today.
Is this post even real?

Disclaimer: I do have stock [edit in Rivian - price so far down it accommodates the early pricing discount ] and own an R1T

Last edited:

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
I took delivery during a heavy rain storm so I wasn't able to fully inspect our truck. A couple of days later I notice a small dent on the front fender as I was getting ready to have clear bra installed. I simply had the clear bra shop remove the dent for $150.

I probably could have gone back to Rivian and tried to get them to repair it, but considering I was able to get it fixed for $150 it seemed much more convenient.

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Not to say it was not there when it was delivered but just seems odd to me you get it wrapped over a month later and automatically deduce it must have been there all along.

My opinion way too much time has passed for me to expect Rivian to address that.
Who said it was a month? The truck was parked at my office for about a week while waiting for my wrap appointment. Picked it up like 4 days later.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
It is small claims court as to the PPF company.
The place I used did to an intake and would have told me about issues with dents. They even fixed a swirl or two or a scratch that was there --- things I had seen.
Find it hard to believe that got there at delivery - if it did you own it. one or two days...OK...but three weeks - no friggin way.
If you buy an 80 to 90k car and let it sit as accessary for three weeks THEN see some damage,
Shame on you....WTF
Flaming hard today.
Is this post even real?

Disclaimer: I do have stock [edit in Rivian - price so far down it accommodates the early pricing discount ] and own an R1T
Who is this post directed at? Cause if it's me, your post demonstrates a complete lack of mastery of the original post and issue at hand.

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
If they did not spot the damage during walk-through, they're liable for it. They could have inadvertently hit the door on something and didn't realized they dented it. Doesn't matter how well respected they are, denying it is easy to do. It's hard to imagine you did not noticed it during all this time you have the truck. If you don't think it was you who dented it, it's most likely the shop.

Good point!
Good point...but based in inaccurate information. Truck wasn't here for anything remotely approaching a month. Not even close.

They did not spot the damage and I never said they "couldn't" have done the damage. I only stated that they deal with high end cars all the time and so far, the truck was delivered with visible damage to another area, already referenced, so one thing is clear and undeniable so far...Rivian can make mistakes.

Can my wrap shop...sure. But we do know that Rivian sent the truck out with visible shipping damage already.

I will never know who did the damage, but the lack of paint or clear coat damage certainly is another indicator that the damage could have been done before even paint. Nothing is for certain here and I am not trying to lambaste Rivian either. I have been nothing but appreciative of their service so far.

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Op. You must have pictures of the truck on day of delivery?
I did take a few pictures, but the delivery window was tight and I had meetings. I spotted the damage to the front while it was still on the flatbed and did a very cursory walk through once on the ground. I wanted to get in it and the tight window definitely rushed my inspection of the truck. None of the pictures I did take would be located or detailed enough to identify the area in question.
Wish I did at the time.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Good point...but based in inaccurate information. Truck wasn't here for anything remotely approaching a month. Not even close.

They did not spot the damage and I never said they "couldn't" have done the damage. I only stated that they deal with high end cars all the time and so far, the truck was delivered with visible damage to another area, already referenced, so one thing is clear and undeniable so far...Rivian can make mistakes.

Can my wrap shop...sure. But we do know that Rivian sent the truck out with visible shipping damage already.

I will never know who did the damage, but the lack of paint or clear coat damage certainly is another indicator that the damage could have been done before even paint. Nothing is for certain here and I am not trying to lambaste Rivian either. I have been nothing but appreciative of their service so far.
You said Christmas AM truck was off the flat bed which led everyone to believe you had it for over a month. So inaccurate info was based upon info you provided. FWIW, scratches on skid plate are not the same as door dings, and clear coat damage can easily be buffed out, totally.

Last edited:

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
There were a few plastic fender and trim issues I only noticed 9 days after pick up because they are in the bottom of the truck, around the wheel, etc. i got it on Xmas Eve so was pretty busy, not driving a lot. It happens.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
You said Christmas AM truck was off the flat bed which led everyone to believe you had it for over a month. So inaccurate info was based upon info you provided. FWIW, scratched on skid plate is not the same as door dings, and clear coat damage can easily be buffed out, totally.
I said:

Thanks. More attention to detail on the receipt of the vehicle was probably warranted on my part as well. Was just Christmas AM excited to get it off the flat bed.
i.e. like a kid on Christmas morning.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

NWCamper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Something, something
Who is this post directed at? Cause if it's me, your post demonstrates a complete lack of mastery of the original post and issue at hand.
I will demonstrate no mastery, just commom sense, which is not so common. I am no master, but if you take delivery of a 80 - 90k vehicle and do not notice a dent in the door --- for three weeks.
I got ocean front property to sell you and a bridge.
You know what I am saying..?

I do not sell on this forum or shill for others.

I'd hate as a shareholder to buck and fit your request as you should've seen it. Either the shop did it or you. If not, I think we are beyond the amazon 30 day return window, had you bought it prior to Christmas, I think you'd have until 1/31.

Drops mic...

OP
OP

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
I will demonstrate no mastery, just comm sense ,,, is not so common. I am no master, but if you take delivery of a 80 - 90k vehicle and do not notice a dent in the door --- for three weeks.
I got ocean front property to sell you and a bridge.
You know what I am saying..?

I do not sell on this forum or shill for others.
You definitely don't demonstrate mastery if that is your comprehension of the timeline. But please do...wax poetic some more.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.