• Total voters

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I’m ok with the blinker. I wish the horn was louder.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
It is funny because some people have said the noise is too quiet and they cannot hear it and others have had this complaint. Personally I think the volume is fine but the tone isnt the best. Its a hollow thunk and I prefer a warmer sound.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Is it just me but I think the blinker noise is annoying like Chinese water torture and to loud? I rarely use my blinkers now and almost hit a car in my blind spot because I am so used to not using the blinker. They should turn down the volume of the blinker.
Former BMW owner?

BourboNole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green/Forest Edge R1T on 21s
Do you drive with no audio on at all? I think they are too quiet and I routinely forget they are on. My gripe isn't so much with the lack of noise but the overuse of unnecessary technology which has led to a purely digital system and away from the tried and true physical solution of a stalk that would stay in the signal position. Its kind of like the digital vent controls, except at least in that case it was arguably for aesthetics but with a much larger loss in functionality. I can see no reason to remove the physical stalk holding even if was all digital in the background.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Most people say it's too quiet. Must be something wrong with your vehicle.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S

Sponsored

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Everyone that says it's just you is wrong: I posted a similar thread a few months ago. The blinker noise is objectively terrible!

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE (QM/L), 2024 Zero DSR/X
Occupation
Product Management
Everyone that says it's just you is wrong: I posted a similar thread a few months ago. The blinker noise is objectively terrible!
Two people disagreeing in the face of overwhelming consensus is definitely "objective", yessir.

Is it just me but I think the blinker noise is annoying like Chinese water torture and to loud? I rarely use my blinkers now and almost hit a car in my blind spot because I am so used to not using the blinker.
I really like it and it seems like most people do, but there's room for disagreement and it's reasonable to want to change or make it customizable.

It's not reasonable to fail to signal because you don't like the blinker sound. Come on. (And speaking from experience, lawyers absolutely love to dig things like this thread up in discovery if you ever do cause an accident.)

SurfnBike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I can't stand the blinker noise either so I literally no longer use my blinkers when at stop lights. Not sure what was wrong with the blinker noises we have been using for the last 75 years, but Rivian has to reinvent the wheel wherever and whenever possible.

Just my 2 cents...

Oh and also, if you offer any constructive criticism about Rivian in this forum prepare to get it interpreted as a negative comment and subsequently get roasted by what I call the "brand Myopians". They will tell you how your opinion is wrong, and theirs is the the truth and the way.
Sponsored