First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Cyber Security
I'm not much of a fan of the stock AT’s. They have been decent (18K miles) but not great. I couldn’t make it home this week during an ice storm, and my R1T was uncontrollable. I had to hike home and grab my 2008 LandCruiser on BFG KO2’s. The cruiser walked thru the snow and ice like the roads were clear. I really think this truck needs a dedicated snow tire in the winter, but wanted to give it a fair comparison to the LC. I will report back later on range loss and snow performance. So far, I am enjoying the slightly stiffer profile. It feels similar to stock on drive pavement. Looks great IMO and they are quieter (new vs 18K miles). If they dont work in snow, I will make these my 3 season setup and get a dedicated snow package. I hope this works.

Rivian R1T R1S BFG KO2 - 275/65r20 tires installed on my R1T IMG_1446
Rivian R1T R1S BFG KO2 - 275/65r20 tires installed on my R1T IMG_1451
N
Rivian R1T R1S BFG KO2 - 275/65r20 tires installed on my R1T IMG_1452

Rivian R1T R1S BFG KO2 - 275/65r20 tires installed on my R1T img_1450-jpe
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Everyone has to choose what works best for themselves and where they drive. I would be shocked if those don’t put a significant hit on your range, but who knows…

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Damn those tires have some angry tread, looks good!

OP
OP

R1TY

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Cyber Security
How do these differ spec-wise from the Scorpions?
On paper they are fairly similar. They are both all terrain, with 3 peak snow rating. Exact size. The BFG is roughly 10 pounds heavier per tire and E rated.

Sponsored

OP
OP

R1TY

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Cyber Security
Everyone has to choose what works best for themselves and where they drive. I would be shocked if those don’t put a significant hit on your range, but who knows…
I agree and we will see. For me, snow performance is #1 on my needs. Im not worried about range for my normal usages.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I personally prefer Falkens, but the K02s are a close second. And, for tires, they are damn good lookin’.

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
Definitely a great tire. Looks amazing on the R1T! I'll be interested in the range hit.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Thanks for the pics. Any chance for a picture a little further away?

I had K02s on the Tacoma I sold to get the R1T and they served me well, if a little more slippery in the rain on pavement.

I was shocked at how little the additional weight increased noise or decreased mpg. Having said that, 10% in range can a bigger factor than ICE if you live in a charging desert (relatively).

I'm not sure I'll want them on the R1T anytime soon, but I am attracted to the stiffer sidewall. As in other places we have lots of sharp rocks on even "well kept" rural dirt roads in this part of the country. Let alone actual trails.

A few ill-timed flats on the stock tires could have me looking in the direction of K02s again (or Wildpeaks).

Sponsored

OP
OP

R1TY

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Cyber Security
I personally prefer Falkens, but the K02s are a close second. And, for tires, they are damn good lookin’.
I have heard good things about the Falkens. Some of my cruiser buddies swear by them for Utah desert/mountains which is what I drive most. Next time I may give them a shot.

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Looks great - I wouldn’t be surprised if the range hit is minimal. These have a fairly low rolling resistance, swapped out a set of MT KM2s for them on a FJ40 and it rides like a caddy 😉

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

These are by far my favorite tire and have been great for my purposes. I’ve had them on a wrangler, Land Cruiser and Tahoe and Tundra.

I have the same wheels as you so I may be shopping for some ko2’s pretty soon. Keep us updated on range impact.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order, Model Y P, Tundra TRD Pro
I'm waiting on my R1S and looking forward to putting these on. I had these on my Raptor and loved how well they did in the snow. Living in CO u need some dependable tread for the crazy weather...plus our road never gets plowed.
Sponsored