Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

We just bought the Rockymounts Afterparty to try out. We have liked the bed-mounted bike racks (using the 1-up racks), but would like to pair the RTT with the bike rack so we are looking at this as the solution. I'll probably put it on sometime this weekend to check it out.
Sponsored

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
I use a 1-Up hitch rack. I prefer the lower height. Though, it does block the license plate area from view when bikes are loaded or the rack is folded up when not transporting a bike(s). Also, I have to fold it down if I want to open the tailgate.
7092CE78-CFFE-46CC-A259-018249825F33.jpeg
@Michaewh - can you fold up the rack when it's empty? I looked at 1up's drawing and i think it says that there's only 3 1/2" of clearance from the end of the hitch to the rack when stowed and my truck needs at LEAST 4 1/2".
Rivian R1T R1S Bed mounted vs hitch mounted bike rack? 1691633444716

How did you make this work? Did you use a hitch extender? I really like the 1up superduty but I think I couldn't fold it up while on the truck.
Thanks!

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
We just bought the Rockymounts Afterparty to try out. We have liked the bed-mounted bike racks (using the 1-up racks), but would like to pair the RTT with the bike rack so we are looking at this as the solution. I'll probably put it on sometime this weekend to check it out.
The afterparty is great1

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
The regular pin works fine if you skip a washer

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
@Michaewh - can you fold up the rack when it's empty? I looked at 1up's drawing and i think it says that there's only 3 1/2" of clearance from the end of the hitch to the rack when stowed and my truck needs at LEAST 4 1/2".
1691633444716.png

How did you make this work? Did you use a hitch extender? I really like the 1up superduty but I think I couldn't fold it up while on the truck.
Thanks!
I just fold it up as close as possible (probably exceeding the spec, but when empty its not much of a risk). You also have the option of folding part way, so it up out of the way, but not fully verticle.

Sponsored

Shill2801

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Forest Green
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Rivian's guide shows mounting the bike facing backwards. I'm assuming because larger bikes would rub against the spoiler?

Rivian R1T R1S Bed mounted vs hitch mounted bike rack? Screenshot 2023-08-15 104626

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Rivian's guide shows mounting the bike facing backwards. I'm assuming because larger bikes would rub against the spoiler?

Screenshot 2023-08-15 104626.png
I believe that is correct.
Sponsored