Last edited:

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I've never debadged a car. Maybe because it'd be silly with a Camry or base model Fiesta.

That said, I wouldn't even be tempted to with this vehicle. Not only do they look as sharp as the rest of the vehicle, but it's doing it's job of spreading the word on just what this vehicle is.

I do find it odd that they chose to use the yellow accents for all of their badges, but not the "RIVIAN" on the back.

OP
OP
jessefive

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
C'mon, I was trying to steer this thread back towards badge appreciation! ?

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I hate to break it to you but even with Rivian all over the vehicle, people are going to ask you what vehicle it is for a considerable period of time. I have a few relatively uncommon cars and people ask all the time what they are even given that the manufacturers are clearly spelled out on the badging.
I agree - I got my C8 last Fall. Several times people have walked up to me near the back of the car (where C O R V E T T E is spelled out in large letters) and asked "Is that a Ferrari?"

Everyone I speak to about my R1T preorder asks me who makes Rivian. It's gonna be a long time before that ends...

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I've replaced the chrome badges with blacked out versions. Specially when I have dark wheels, it gives the car a different look to it. I'd have to see the vehicle in person to decide if I want to do that on e those are available.

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
I agree - I got my C8 last Fall. Several times people have walked up to me near the back of the car (where C O R V E T T E is spelled out in large letters) and asked "Is that a Ferrari?"

Everyone I speak to about my R1T preorder asks me who makes Rivian. It's gonna be a long time before that ends...
I got the same question not long ago about my Tesla. It was very old women delivering my food at a Chick-Fil-a. She like the look of the car and kept asking who makes it and no matter how many times I said Tesla, she was like yeah but who makes Teslas?

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Here is the conversion template I anticipate being used frequently:

What kind of car is that?
It is a Rivian.
Who makes it?
Rivian.
Oh. How much does it cost?
Not as much as you might think.
What kind of engine does it have?
It's electric.
Is it fast?
Yes, very.
They will always ask how long it takes to charge and how far does it go.

Sponsored

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I definitely plan on removing the actual R-I-V-I-A-N letters on the doors, but I'm afraid removing the rear letters will leave the rear looking too blank. To be determined... I think the R1S will have to come off as well since I don't think I'll be okay with the asymmetry on the rear.

I'm used to everyone asking what my vehicle is and who makes it anyway. Spelling it out for them doesn't help.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Does anyone else NOT like the compass logo? I like almost all the other badging and fonts, I cant put my finger on why, the compass just looks so generic and boring to me... Like something the Bobs would come up with.

I would delete it from the entire car if I could, especially the steering wheel. Again I don't hate it, which sounds contradictory...

I like the BMW logo with its call out to its Bavarian heritage and the Chevy bowtie is just iconic.

Last edited:

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Does anyone else NOT like the compass logo? I like almost all the other badging and fonts, I cant put my finger on why, the compass just looks so generic and boring to me... Like something the Bobs would come up with.

I would delete it from the entire car if I could, especially the steering wheel. Again I don't hate it, which sounds contradictory...

I like the BMW logo with its call out to its Bavarian heritage and the Chevy bowtie is just iconic.
The Chevy bowtie is only only iconic because it has been around for a long time. The Rivian compass will be iconic given enough time.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
While I like the yellow accents up close, watching the review videos, the badges often looked gold when viewed from a distance. Not crazy about that at all.
Sponsored