First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Tesla is using google maps for its implementation.
Yes, and I was hoping Rivian would too. AFAIK they aren't though. It will be interesting to see what kinds of apps we will be able to pull up on the main screen, but I don't imagine Google Maps will be one of them.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Tesla is using google maps for its implementation.
Tesla uses a Google Maps overlay for the display visualization, but they're not using Google's routing data or algorithms. They get most of their map data from Mapbox (same as Rivian seems to use) and use an in-house routing system that they acquired with the purchase of Valhalla. They use in-house traffic data.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I don't think this has been asked yet, at least not that I have seen. Can you change the charging limit on the app? Was just thinking if you were plugged in with a limit of 80% and decide you need 100% for a trip tomorrow morning, could you change it in the app or would you have to go to the truck to do it?

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
I don't think this has been asked yet, at least not that I have seen. Can you change the charging limit on the app? Was just thinking if you were plugged in with a limit of 80% and decide you need 100% for a trip tomorrow morning, could you change it in the app or would you have to go to the truck to do it?
Have to go to the truck to do it.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Have to go to the truck to do it.
Was hoping that wouldn't be the case, but a couple extra steps aren't a big deal I suppose.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Seems like the garage door interface is not there yet, has anyone asked their guide or the delivery person if there is an ETA for that?

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
Was hoping that wouldn't be the case, but a couple extra steps aren't a big deal I suppose.
I feel like that will be a pretty straightforward software update in the near future.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Photon Torpedo launchers to intercept incoming rocks and bugs before they hit the grill and the windshield.

Also for blowing up vehicles in your way when you put the truck into its Road Rage drive mode.
:idea: Maybe the little openings on the mirrors are shield emitters for small things like bugs. In that case do the photon torpedoes for incoming rocks come out from the lower grille or something? I am such a nerd.?

TXRIV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Technology Sales
I am sure someone may have asked this in past chats, but anyone have a recommendation on covers for the back seat for a large dog?? Thanks in advance....

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

:idea: Maybe the little openings on the mirrors are shield emitters for small things like bugs. In that case do the photon torpedoes for incoming rocks come out from the lower grille or something? I am such a nerd.?
Good call, forgot about the shield emitters. The photons are for when shield strength weakens during high summer grass hopper season in the prairies
Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! 9D0P

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Here is my #1 question: Can a Rivian get safely get 200 miles of range at 75mph highway when it's 15 degrees F outside?
It depends on your definition of safely.:angel:

Franksmartin

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software
It depends on your definition of safely.:angel:
So it’s a close one? For me after I pass the last charger on the route I still need to go 70 miles to my destination

So I should get the 21s then? But I need snow tires!

Last edited:

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Any initial quality issues that bug you?
Sponsored