Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

@godfodder0901 @jjswan33 @Dark-Fx @kanundrum ....

Question for you all. I've had an R1T max pack on order since '19. My question for you is how do you find getting in and out of the rear seats T and S if any have experienced both. My concern is the T's door profile is nearly identical to my Cabbage Cart of an Xterra, and I know its awkward to get in and out of the rear of that, partly due to it being lifted, but more so the narrow access due to the rear wheel position. I assume the same is true due to the gear tunnel position on the T.

How have your experiences been with each of the models? and what have your rear passengers opinions been? My wife and I are also expecting our first child around delivery, May 4th (insert Star wars joke) naming it Rivian obviously, so also if any in the group have kids, how that experience has been?

Perfect world, T works and rear seat access isn't painful for the late 60's crowd

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! Rivian-R1T-2022-Rutamotor-12-1024x683

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! DSC02680
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Question for you all. I've had an R1T max pack on order since '19. My question for you is how do you find getting in and out of the rear seats T and S if any have experienced both. My concern is the T's door profile is nearly identical to my Cabbage Cart of an Xterra, and I know its awkward to get in and out of the rear of that, partly due to it being lifted, but more so the narrow access due to the rear wheel position. I assume the same is true due to the gear tunnel position on the T.

How have your experiences been with each of the models? and what have your rear passengers opinions been? My wife and I are also expecting our first child around delivery, May 4th (insert Star wars joke) naming it Rivian obviously, so also if any in the group have kids, how that experience has been?

Perfect world, T works and rear seat access isn't painful for the late 60's crowd

Rivian-R1T-2022-Rutamotor-12-1024x683.jpg

DSC02680.jpg
My Father-in-law went on a long weekend trip with us, he's in his 70s. He sat in the back and didn't have any continuing complaints about the door being a bit tight to get in/out of. He did the first time but must have figured it out.

My son is 2.5 and I moved his seat to forward facing because it was really awkward to get him into it rear-facing. We have another seat that swivels but didn't end up trying that in the Rivian at all. That probably would have been just fine.

Haven't seen an S in person yet. SC was in the dark on Friday and I was distracted by the EDVs including the big green one they had.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
It's definitely tighter than normal with the gear tunnel in the way. The gear tunnel has sharp edges, and my niece hit her leg against it the first time she got out. So...it's not perfect. And you probably have to be a little careful with young kids jumping in and out on their own. Good thing you have some time before your first child is able to jump in and out by themselves! We're also expecting our first and have no concerns putting a car seat back there.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Rivian-R1T-2022-Rutamotor-12-1024x683.jpg

DSC02680.jpg

For Reference I am 5'10" and a chunky boi and the rear is very comfortable getting in and out of the 2nd row in the S, just need to be able to have the door open in max position so tight spaces might be a problem otherwise its as comfortable as any other CUV/SUV I have had with the exception of the height and no step rails.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It's definitely tighter than normal with the gear tunnel in the way. The gear tunnel has sharp edges, and my niece hit her leg against it the first time she got out. So...it's not perfect. And you probably have to be a little careful with young kids jumping in and out on their own. Good thing you have some time before your first child is able to jump in and out by themselves! We're also expecting our first and have no concerns putting a car seat back there.
Fair enough. I've seen the gashes from others due to the old tunnel door. It's a good point and fair concern. Without the tunnel door open, how's your accessibility experience been?

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

For Reference I am 5'10" and a chunky boi and the rear is very comfortable getting in and out of the 2nd row in the S, just need to be able to have the door open in max position so tight spaces might be a problem otherwise its as comfortable as any other CUV/SUV I have had with the exception of the height and no step rails.
Haha, I'm 6'-2" and using husky to describe me this last year, would be kind.

I suppose the S would be more like getting in and out of the front seats due to the longer door, and need for 3rd row access.

How have you found living with the S day to day as a vehicle? Were you ever in line for the 400 mile version before it was removed?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

My Father-in-law went on a long weekend trip with us, he's in his 70s. He sat in the back and didn't have any continuing complaints about the door being a bit tight to get in/out of. He did the first time but must have figured it out.

My son is 2.5 and I moved his seat to forward facing because it was really awkward to get him into it rear-facing. We have another seat that swivels but didn't end up trying that in the Rivian at all. That probably would have been just fine.

Haven't seen an S in person yet. SC was in the dark on Friday and I was distracted by the EDVs including the big green one they had.
Would you describe it as being a bit frustrating, or something you just worked around and either accepted, or became a non issue then?

Also, the in-law experience and his comment, or lack there of is good to know.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Would you describe it as being a bit frustrating, or something you just worked around and either accepted, or became a non issue then?

Also, the in-law experience and his comment, or lack there of is good to know.
It's just a little strange the first time I think. My Polestar is definitely more awkward for an adult to get in and out of the back because the footwells themselves are tight.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Haha, I'm 6'-2" and using husky to describe me this last year, would be kind.

I suppose the S would be more like getting in and out of the front seats due to the longer door, and need for 3rd row access.

How have you found living with the S day to day as a vehicle? Were you ever in line for the 400 mile version before it was removed?

Never was because I dont think its is a needed option unless you are towing which I don't have any use case for in general. The S is awesome my only gripes are

-Suspension in All modes are too stiff, its a SUV so the ride shouldn't be this harsh, especially NVH going over some pot holes even in all purpose with standard ride height.

-Kneel mode needed for parking OR step sides

Otherwise everything else is really good. Wife doesnt like any regen at all (would be a nice option) but not needed.

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
I'm missing something here. I saw this recently posted on my Rivian account, and I'm curious, but stumped. Can someone please tell me what is activated in my account , and how does this help me keep connected?

"Wi-Fi hotspot is ready"

"Stream, browse and stay connected on your phones and tablets - all with unlimited data. To deactivate your hotspot at any time, call Customer Service."

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
You can turn on the WiFi hotspot in the vehicle if you want to connect other devices (phones, laptops, tablets, etc) to the vehicle and use the truck as your internet connection.

This is useful, for example, if you want to stream Netflix on a non-cellular iPad.

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
You can turn on the WiFi hotspot in the vehicle if you want to connect other devices (phones, laptops, tablets, etc) to the vehicle and use the truck as your internet connection.

This is useful, for example, if you want to stream Netflix on a non-cellular iPad.
Got it. Thanks.

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

?
Jeezzz...... That's pretty significant in my book. I don't think it's my imagination, he's slightly visibly jostled when you hear that? Seems like it might happen once per revolution of a half shaft/CV joint? My concern is that thngs like that almost never get better, they only get worse.

This is one to watch for a few months. If I had taken delivery of this vehicle, I would have reported this immediately to Rivian.
@Zoidz was absolutely right months ago (back in March) that CV/half shaft concerns represent an issue “to watch.”

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Been meaning to ask this one for a bit:
When your screens change from light to dark, do they all go at the same time?

Mine feels like different panels are changing at different times. The far left of the main drivers display is the last bit to change over. Makes it look like there is a lag in the screen since the entire thing doesn't change at once.

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Been meaning to ask this one for a bit:
When your screens change from light to dark, do they all go at the same time?

Mine feels like different panels are changing at different times. The far left of the main drivers display is the last bit to change over. Makes it look like there is a lag in the screen since the entire thing doesn't change at once.
It is not smooth or seamless. I have resorted to keeping it in dark mode all the time.
Sponsored