Arizona pre-orders

KarTruck

First Name
Abhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Monster S2R
Excited to join the AZ team. Took delivery on July 14. Pre-order Oct 2021. Adventure, Forest Green, Forest Edge, Large Pack.

Doing a full front wrap and clear coat at AZ Auto Aesthetics this week!
Nice! My truck is there now for the same.
Sponsored

KarTruck

First Name
Abhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Monster S2R
Drivetrain has been fine. It's hot, but when is it not? The glass roof is hot to the touch, but once the A/C get's going it's about as good as any other car on a crazy hot day. I'm just used to it.
Have found the AC to be a bit weak - hoping tint will help. Also found the vehicle to be more efficient on the highway than during street driving. I canā€™t tell yet whether that is the norm or due to the heat and better cooling at speed.

srazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y and R1T
Have found the AC to be a bit weak - hoping tint will help. Also found the vehicle to be more efficient on the highway than during street driving. I canā€™t tell yet whether that is the norm or due to the heat and better cooling at speed.
Iā€™ve found when I hop in my seats are hot after the truck has been out for awhile. Probably due to the glass roof so Iā€™m curious if people have tinted that and it made a difference.

I think the AC is fine but I wish if I turn the rear AC off it would stay off (in manual it behaves but I like my AC in auto). If you donā€™t need the rear AC it makes a huge difference.

KarTruck

First Name
Abhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Monster S2R
Nice! My truck is there now for the same.
@AZ_Rivian if you could, please let me know your experience there. Just got my truck back and clearly either I do not understand what ā€œfully wrappedā€ and ā€œyou wont be able to tell its thereā€ mean or the job was done poorly. For a detailer, they do not appear to pay attention to detail (not to mention they chipped paint and have called it a rock chip on the paint by the side mirrorā€¦).

AZ_Rivian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1992 Toyota 4Runner
Clubs

@AZ_Rivian if you could, please let me know your experience there. Just got my truck back and clearly either I do not understand what ā€œfully wrappedā€ and ā€œyou wont be able to tell its thereā€ mean or the job was done poorly. For a detailer, they do not appear to pay attention to detail (not to mention they chipped paint and have called it a rock chip on the paint by the side mirrorā€¦).
Will do! What services did you have performed? Did you do full body wrap? Or just front?

@KarTruck let me know if you have pics too

Last edited:

Sponsored

KarTruck

First Name
Abhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Monster S2R
Will do! What services did you have performed? Did you do full body wrap? Or just front?

@KarTruck let me know if you have pics too
I had a full front PPF, ceramic coat and tinting done. Window tint has bubbles šŸ˜”. The PPF isn't fully wrapped (specifically the flat front between headlights) with about 1/8ā€ to 1/4ā€ of panel still exposed on edges (maybe that is normal?).

Rivian R1T R1S Arizona pre-orders 32EC419C-9102-41EF-B7A1-7CADF77909CD

Rivian R1T R1S Arizona pre-orders 4E7202BC-A40A-4525-860D-3D78FB8233D3

carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, VW Atlas, Volvo V60 Polestar
Clubs

I had a full front PPF, ceramic coat and tinting done. Window tint has bubbles šŸ˜”. The PPF isn't fully wrapped (specifically the flat front between headlights) with about 1/8ā€ to 1/4ā€ of panel still exposed on edges (maybe that is normal?).

32EC419C-9102-41EF-B7A1-7CADF77909CD.jpeg

4E7202BC-A40A-4525-860D-3D78FB8233D3.jpeg
No I don't think that's the norm in my experience with other cars. It should be edge to edge and wrapped around the corner if it's accessible. Where did you get it done at?

brices123

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 FJ40, 2006 Land Cruiser, 2018 Land Cruiser
So, I am supposed to take delivery of our R1S (Launch Green) next week and I am having second thoughts. Not sure why, but both my wife and I feel the same way.
Questions:
1. Do I take delivery and immediately put it up for sale at an auction site (Cars and Bids, Bring A Trailer)? or
2. Refuse delivery?

! probably makes the most sense as I would hopefully make a profit over our purchase price.

What does everyone think?

carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Tough... We were initially told that our delivery date got pushed back to Jan-Feb of next year, so my wife felt like she couldn't wait and started looking at other options. She totally fell in love with the new Defender 130, but as we were trying to find one I got assigned a Rivian Guide last week with an updated delivery window of 2-4 weeks.

So our plan is to take delivery and if she doesn't like it for some reason, then we'll flip it to the Defender 130.

I think my suggestion would be to take delivery and use the car for a week. If you like it, great, if it's not what you expected then you sell it. I don't think there will be much of a difference if there is 25 miles vs 500 miles at that pint. It's going to be used either way.

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Tough... We were initially told that our delivery date got pushed back to Jan-Feb of next year, so my wife felt like she couldn't wait and started looking at other options. She totally fell in love with the new Defender 130, but as we were trying to find one I got assigned a Rivian Guide last week with an updated delivery window of 2-4 weeks.

So our plan is to take delivery and if she doesn't like it for some reason, then we'll flip it to the Defender 130.

I think my suggestion would be to take delivery and use the car for a week. If you like it, great, if it's not what you expected then you sell it. I don't think there will be much of a difference if there is 25 miles vs 500 miles at that pint. It's going to be used either way.
I am also a Jan/Feb window, so your guide contact has me a little more excited! Good luck to you.

Sponsored

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

Give this a look when you have time. I've been considering changing my max pack R1T for the S. This just added more fuel to that fire.

brices123

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taking delivery on 12/17/22 (Saturday)!
VIN #2079
My wife already has a new vehicle so I believe we will be selling this our R1S.
If anyone is interested in buying it, let me know.
I am very excited though.

carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Taking delivery on 12/17/22 (Saturday)!
VIN #2079
My wife already has a new vehicle so I believe we will be selling this our R1S.
If anyone is interested in buying it, let me know.
I am very excited though.
Congrats. Glad to see that you put in your preorder before me. I'm supposed to get my VIN any day now according to my Guide, otherwise I may have been interested. (Though the resale price is way high right now!)

brices123

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We picked it up on 12/17/22. What a great vehicle. Fun to drive.
Of course that makes it even harder to part with it. Still on the fence, but I might put a reserve on an auction and see what happens.
Sponsored