Sponsored

Are these problems with just my truck??

inconceivable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I’m hoping to get the help of the community to figure out if some of the things I’m experiencing on my truck are problems with my specific truck or just the way things are. None of the items below have actually caused me any real issue at this point, but 🤷‍♂️
  1. The back of the charge port door has some spiky plastic/resin parts (see picture below). Is that normal?
  2. The front of the truck sits about 1” closer to the tires then the back of the truck. (It’s the same height left to right, I know some people have had issues with that). I’ve seen this in kneel mode as well as standard height. I didn’t check other heights.
  3. I seem to get less range/efficiency then many people posting here. On a longish trip (>100 miles) going 65-70 on flat highway with no real wind in low suspension/all purpose with 21” wheel/tire combo at ~40 degrees I will get ~2.0 mi/kWh or ~250 miles of range. It’s worse if I’m on hilly terrain/go faster/anything else you would expect to cause it to be worse.
if anyone can help me figure out if these are a ‘me problem’, that would be appreciated!
Rivian R1T R1S Are these problems with just my truck?? BF833798-9C33-48A2-9FA2-C2E585B573E5
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
1. The back of the charge port door has some spiky plastic/resin parts (see picture below). Is that normal?
Yes, normal. I've seen it on several R1Ts, including mine. It's just the effect of plastic welding in a place where they didn't care what it looked like.

2. The front of the truck sits about 1” closer to the tires then the back of the truck. (It’s the same height left to right, I know some people have had issues with that). I’ve seen this in kneel mode as well as standard height. I didn’t check other heights.
Yes, normal. Most vehicles -- especially trucks -- have a rake where the rear is higher in the rear than the front.

3. I seem to get less range/efficiency then many people posting here. On a longish trip (>100 miles) going 65-70 on flat highway with no real wind in low suspension/all purpose with 21” wheel/tire combo at ~40 degrees I will get ~2.0 mi/kWh or ~250 miles of range. It’s worse if I’m on hilly terrain/go faster/anything else you would expect to cause it to be worse.
What range/efficiency are you getting?

I don't put much faith in the numbers reported by the truck. I've seen range fluctuate widely and rarely have I found the number to be plausible/accurate.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
For the efficiency, I have an R1S on 22s, based on what EA and EVgo reported as delivered KW for the sessions, over 2726 miles I used 1286.6 KW averaging 2.11 miles per KW in temperatures mostly between 22 and 36 degrees and at least half of that was in light rain. I was using conserve on the highway stretches in low (not lowest). That includes whatever the losses were during charging so I feel that was a decent average.

Next Tuesday, I’m heading west FL to CA, will be around 2100 miles, projected warmer temperatures (mid 50s to upper 60s) so I will be curious to see if it does any better in the warmer temps.
Sponsored