April - May 2022 Delivery Club/Hype Thread

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Miata, 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Q5
I just did the same! I signed PBA with new pricing, I'll dispute it if it becomes a problem later on. Whatever it takes to speed up the process!
I went ahead and signed too. Even in the doc the pricing is referred to as an estimate. There are still some docs to come before out-the-door (or should I say to-the-door) price is provided and pay expected.

I just noticed my config is locked too. Might have been triggered by PBA sig or guide call, I guess. Or maybe estimated delivery being close is what triggers guide assignment, PBA and config lock.

If I think about guide convo and context of things, seems the main thing they were looking for is config confirmation to proceed with build and arbitration part.
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I went ahead and signed too. Even in the doc the pricing is referred to as an estimate. There are still some docs to come before out-the-door (or should I say to-the-door) price is provided and pay expected.

I just noticed my config is locked too. Might have been triggered by PBA sig or guide call, I guess. Or maybe estimated delivery being close is what triggers guide assignment, PBA and config lock.

If I think about guide convo and context of things, seems the main thing they were looking for is config confirmation to proceed with build and arbitration part.
Mine is locked now too, and you can get your PBA from the site.

I spent more time talking to my guide about biking and trips than the Rivian! That was a super easy process.

Rivian635

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Acura MDX Hybrid, Honda CRV
Just got off intro call with my guide. Very pleasant experience. He revised delivery estimate from April/May to 3-6 weeks!

I just received PBA but without pricing re-adjustment. Might be OK to sign with that pricing and make sure everything is right actual purchase/delivery docs. Obviously, I'd rather sign even PBA with correct pricing, though.

My guide said reach out to get PBA re-issued if not correct. I hope that doesn't slow the overall process down.
I see you have the wall charger ordered - any mention on delivery eta of those? With vehicle delivery or are they shipping in advance (after you pay).

Rivian635

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Acura MDX Hybrid, Honda CRV

Brevard NC...apparently some of the best Mountain biking in the USA? Should be a great match for a R1T! Congrats on getting it going.

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I see you have the wall charger ordered - any mention on delivery eta of those? With vehicle delivery or are they shipping in advance (after you pay).
Didn't discuss Wall Charger ETA but he didn't flag any timing considerations either when he listed it out in my config.

I did leave him with questions about interfacing with my house solar and batteries as well as V2H futures. Mostly want to know if it helps, hurts, prevents, required or irrelevant for either/both so I can assess if there might be better options. Response pending. Might have been covered here somewhere.

He did say that, obviously, it didn't change R1T delivery if I want to remove it later so kept in for now.

Sponsored

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Brevard NC...apparently some of the best Mountain biking in the USA? Should be a great match for a R1T! Congrats on getting it going.
Thanks!

Definitely some incredible mountain biking, among other good use cases. Many of the roads and shortcuts here are still unpaved. Usually charming;)

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
A couple of people that took delivery this week are expecting the Wall Chargers today.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
Didn't discuss Wall Charger ETA but he didn't flag any timing considerations either when he listed it out in my config.

I did leave him with questions about interfacing with my house solar and batteries as well as V2H futures. Mostly want to know if it helps, hurts, prevents, required or irrelevant for either/both so I can assess if there might be better options. Response pending. Might have been covered here somewhere.

He did say that, obviously, it didn't change R1T delivery if I want to remove it later so kept in for now.
Based on what I heard on todays fourth quarter investor conference call, my guess is that V2H features are a future hardware thing that will be rolled into the product line late this year. Early customers won’t get it.

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Based on what I heard on todays fourth quarter investor conference call, my guess is that V2H features are a future hardware thing that will be rolled into the product line late this year. Early customers won’t get it.
Yeah. I saw some bi-directional verbiage regarding the 800-volt architecture they’re developing.

I thought I’d seen where it was said that current platform is hardware capable which made me think charger would be the key. But then there was this in the letter to investors

”We also continue to develop our portfolio of charging and energy products to expand beyond the DC chargers for both Rivian Adventure Network and Fleet charging to include our bi-directional home charger and
home energy products.”

Sounds like net is, not now and maybe not ever with first gen vehicle and/or charger.

Wags

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Clubs

Has anyone with an Ocean Coast interior been contacted by a guide?
Any delays with OC like FE?

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Disagree. RJ previously said that R1s were equipped for bi-directional, but the home side was not done.

I took the comments to mean 1) 800V architecture is coming in house (all components), & 2) Rivian announced plans they would make the home equipment for bi-directional/V2H. I previously thought the latter might be a partnership.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
Disagree. RJ previously said that R1s were equipped for bi-directional, but the home side was not done.

I took the comments to mean 1) 800V architecture is coming in house (all components), & 2) Rivian announced plans they would make the home equipment for bi-directional/V2H. I previously thought the latter might be a partnership.
I hope you’re right! RJ is frustrating to listen to, hard to understand whether he is talking about the past, present or future.

OP
OP
Rhidan

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Anyone switch from OC to BM? I don't want to play with my configuration at this point for fear of it bumping my place in line. I might wait and see if I get a guide s00n to discuss my options.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I hope you’re right! RJ is frustrating to listen to, hard to understand whether he is talking about the past, present or future.
I am honestly curious what he was like in fundraising pitch meetings and how he got VCs to invest billions pre-IPO. I guess the product does a lot of work for him (and as Theranos shows, real due diligence is rare) but he has some work to do on how he talks about business in general and setbacks in particular.
Sponsored