App down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
The Rivian app has signed me out for the first time in a year and when I enter my log in info it just loops me back to the sign in page. Anyone else experiencing this? I have deleted and reinstalled the app.

I keep a key card in my wallet, but have never used it to actually start the truck. We’ll see what happens after work!

Rivian R1T R1S App down? 9F77DD65-BC8D-4C33-ABCA-14A838417075
Sponsored

tjmsquared

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Macan
As someone who uses the keycard all the time, you'll be fine. Just don't panic when it takes several seconds to unlock the door with the card. Just keep holding up to the handle and be patient. It takes a while for the car to recognize the card.

Also, if you put it into drive once you get into the car, you won't have to hold the card up to the door to put the car in gear. You get a short grace period upon unlocking to put it into gear.

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
Yes, App logged out for me, and I cannot log back in.

hayduke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
same here. i’m just at home and unsurprisingly the truck does not recognize my phone as a key

i’ll be honest i don’t normally travel with a physical key. this could ruin my whole day if i was out somewhere.

and i thought i’m often with my partner who also has a phone there was some redundancy but in this case probably not. her phone is logged out too.

Rivian R1T R1S App down? 16EFAE84-225C-41EF-A62D-8725620C7B90

OP
OP
goldburger

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
As someone who uses the keycard all the time, you'll be fine. Just don't panic when it takes several seconds to unlock the door with the card. Just keep holding up to the handle and be patient. It takes a while for the car to recognize the card.

Also, if you put it into drive once you get into the car, you won't have to hold the card up to the door to put the car in gear. You get a short grace period upon unlocking to put it into gear.
Good info on the grace period! My phone paak take so long I’ll often use the card instead because it’s faster lol.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

same here. i’m just at home and unsurprisingly the truck does not recognize my phone as a key

i’ll be honest i don’t normally travel with a physical key. this could ruin my whole day if i was out somewhere.

and i thought i’m often with my partner who also has a phone there was some redundancy but in this case probably not. her phone is logged out too.
My Rivian delivery guy said it's good practice to always carry at least the keycard with you. Mostly because something could happen to your phone that prevents you from using it, not because of an app outage.

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T

16EFAE84-225C-41EF-A62D-8725620C7B90.jpeg
This just happened to me. Using PAAK, no other backup key w/me. My app was working to lock/unlock the truck but wouldn't recognize to start. I got out, locked/unlocked again and it then recognized to allow me to drive. Haven't checked to see if it's still flaked out. Though I'm back at my office where I keep my spare card...which I will now ALWAYS keep in my phone case!

aliendepict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, BMW M235i, BMW M3
Occupation
Cloud engineering

16EFAE84-225C-41EF-A62D-8725620C7B90.jpeg
Not even the wallet key? I'm too afraid that I will drop and break my phone, or something will just go wrong with it to rely solely on the phone... Brave man. This happened to my brother with his Volvo once. Their only alternative is a big ass fob though. Much more annoying.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

App and rivian.com website login are both down for me atm, also. First time driving the new truck to work today, had a bit of a panic and ran to check that it was still outside. 😆

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

My Rivian delivery guy said it's good practice to always carry at least the keycard with you. Mostly because something could happen to your phone that prevents you from using it, not because of an app outage.
My friend Jimmy just told me that the key card should always be with you. I might start wearing my Rivian bracelet... Or, like the old days, I might try to "hide a key" somewhere under my car with a magnet or something...

Sponsored

mmiles2012

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'86 911 Coupe, '23 R1T LE
Occupation
I work for a Tire Company
Clubs

App and rivian.com website login are both down for me atm, also. First time driving the new truck to work today, had a bit of a panic and ran to check that it was still outside. 😆
Subscribed as I'm literally in the same boat :)

OP
OP
goldburger

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I’ve had the key card in my wallet since day one I can’t find a reason not to have it.

also locking the truck without just walking away was a new experience and felt weird!

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Yup, rivian website still not allowing logins. Something going on with their auth server.

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
This is me. First day with R1S at work. App logged me out. Chatted with Rivian they said known issue they are working on it.

Been 2 hours since it kicked me out, still can't get in.

Crossing my fingers this is fixed before the drive home. Going to add a keycard to my minimalist wallet once I make it home 🤦🏾‍♂️

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
This sort of thing happened to me a while back. I went skiing with only my phone with me. After my day of skiing, I went to the car to pack up and my phone was non-responsive with the only option being - "re-set to factory"! Yikes! Fortunately, after some time, I was able to get the phone working again without a factory reset. Since that time, I always carry the keycard with me!

P.S. It didn't help that I am nearsighted ski with my contacts in for distance and not close-up. In the bright light I could hardly read the display on my phone and my sunglasses were locked in the car.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.