OP
OP

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I’m not plugged in right now so I can’t see the adjust charge.
Here is gear guard
Rivian R1T R1S App 1.8.0 released 0DF6E501-4434-4AF8-9BA8-537346C2673E

OP
OP

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Liking the progress on the update charging percent from mobile. That will save a few trips down to the truck when in bed and remembering that I’ll need more juice for whatever we decided to do the next day

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Also available on Android.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The updates for the service screen actually show progress for the service items. Never had this before from another manufacturer. Pretty cool. Not really sure what all the empty items are but it's probably just a presentation glitch in their system for items that have sub-requirements or something.

Rivian R1T R1S App 1.8.0 released Screenshot_20221108-212853

Last edited:

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

This is an awesome update and one we have all seen asked for here. Great to see RIVIAN is still reading the posts and listening to us early adopters. Despite some very early hiccups, I’ve actually been really happy with the truck lately. Even the proximity key feature has been working acceptably.
I love this new update cause I don’t like having gear guard on all the time but sometimes I wish I had turned it on before I left the truck.
Also nice to be able to turn it off if you’re running low on battery.

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Can this mean that the next OTA update is close?
Unlikely. The last OTA updated had this functionality mentioned in it's release notes. I think they just needed some extra time on the App version side of things.

I was happy to see this update this morning, and once plugged in, the ability to kick on/off charging and adjust the charge limit.

Sponsored

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

Can this mean that the next OTA update is close?
I think we can probably assume the next OTA will come the week of Thanksgiving. Maybe with a gobble and autumn lighting. That is about a month after the previous OTA which appears to be about the cadence.

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

The updates for the service screen actually show progress for the service items. Never had this before from another manufacturer. Pretty cool. Not really sure what all the empty items are but it's probably just a presentation glitch in their system for items that have sub-requirements or something.

Screenshot_20221108-212853.png
You have that many issues/tickets?!

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

Being able to turn Gear Guard on and off via the app is HUGE. This simple action makes the entire feature much more useable. Before, it was either On or Off.

For my uses, I found it more convenient to leave GG off. It was just too annoying to use, click out of every time, and I never checked it. BUT there were times when I parked and wish I had it on. This really opens up the use-cases and practicality of the GG feature as a whole.
Now they just need to make the change on the vehicle so that it doesn't take up the "last used" spot on the icon bar every time you get in your car.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

You have that many issues/tickets?!
This is just one service... Truck is still in service after they finished the first service since they just ended up stacking them together. I think most of the line items got pushed onto this report.

Front driver damper was replaced on the last service.

-Front tires are being replaced due to being worn unevenly from a bad alignment.
-Noise complaint is the halfshaft issue.
-Driver assistance issues due to the bad alignment, fixing the alignment corrected it.
-DC Charge port/harness are being replaced due to a random message appearing about DC charging performance being limited... Popped up while driving, which seemed pretty strange to me. They had to have an engineer from Rivian come into the SC to determine what was causing it. It's apparently a very labor intensive process. Said I was going to hear back on Friday about when they expect to finish it, still haven't heard back. Wondering if it didn't fix the problem.

Early adopter woes. At least my tonneau cover works!

Last edited:

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

This is a great update constant improvement once again.
Sponsored