Sponsored

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
I don't see it listed on the public site or mentioned in these forums or on Reddit but I was given the option to pick up my R1S at a center in Mahwah, NJ. Anyone else have experience there?
Sponsored

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
I'm surprised to hear that there's a SC in Mahwah and even more surprised to hear that it's operational. I wonder if it's a temporary location to relieve the pressure on Brooklyn?

The information on the Rivian web site indicates that there are three planned service centers for NJ: Carlstadt, Edison and Trenton. Perhaps the one planned for Carlstadt was relocated to Mahwah, but there's nothing on the Rivian website that indicates that.

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
The mobile service techs that cover eastern PA operate out of a location near Trenton. This is not open to the public. There are seven centers planned to open to support Brooklyn and not one open yet - would be good to see more soon in the northeast.

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
Mahwah would be excellent! We're in PA but regularly drive past Mahwah to take the Tappan Zee to my in-laws. I could stop there to get my R1S compact spare!

OP
OP
duessell

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm told that my vehicle is now at the Mahwah SC but that the SC isn't open yet so I can't schedule pick-up. Sort of frustrating that they only offered me that as my pick-up location and they can't tell me when it will be open.

Also someone on Reddit noted that there were some Rivian job postings in Mahwah. They don't look very old so that makes me nervous about when I might be able to pick up.
job postings in Mahwah

Sponsored

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Perhaps this thread should be renamed to something more exotic to reflect the curious nature of a surprise, pop-up service center. Something along the lines of : "The Mystery of Mahwah: A Rivian Service Center Story".

All joking aside, picking up a new Rivian in Mahwah, and bringing your vehicle there for service if and when needed, is an order of magnitude easier than doing either in Brooklyn.

OP
OP
duessell

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Perhaps this thread should be renamed to something more exotic to reflect the curious nature of a surprise, pop-up service center. Something along the lines of : "The Mystery of Mahwah: A Rivian Service Center Story".

All joking aside, picking up a new Rivian in Mahwah, and bringing your vehicle there for service if and when needed, is an order of magnitude easier than doing either in Brooklyn.
Yeah, it would save a lot of time for me too, if I have to get service again. I've had my R1T for 15.5 months and only had to visit a Service Center once. I don't know if I were to hold onto my R1T long enough to have the power tonneau cover replaced if I would have to go to a SC for that. Cleveland is a bit further than Brooklyn for me but 100% preferable. Now (or hopefully soon) Mahwah will be the best option until Rochester or Syracuse open.

one44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Just to add to the Mahwah story, I had recently selected an R1T for pickup (live in NJ) and was matched with the Mahwah service center, yet received a text yesterday informing me that it was not open yet and that I'd have my pickup in Brooklyn as expected.

Good to see it's coming, but ultimately it's a similar drive for me there vs. Brooklyn (but perhaps with better parking options).

OP
OP
duessell

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just to add to the Mahwah story, I had recently selected an R1T for pickup (live in NJ) and was matched with the Mahwah service center, yet received a text yesterday informing me that it was not open yet and that I'd have my pickup in Brooklyn as expected.

Good to see it's coming, but ultimately it's a similar drive for me there vs. Brooklyn (but perhaps with better parking options).
Interesting. Had your vehicle made it to Mahwah already? Or did they just go ahead and send it straight to Brooklyn?

OP
OP
duessell

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: while everyone l've communicated with at Rivian has been friendly and put in effort to help get me answers, there's a breakdown in communication somewhere.

Over the past few days I've gotten conflicting information on where my vehicle is (first they told me it was on its way, then it was there, then it's not there yet) and on whether the SC is open yet (first it's not open, then hear it is and then hear from someone else expecting pickup there that they were told it won't open until Tuesday).

Last contact from Rivian said it could be there any day, even tomorrow. Still pretty vague.

This is not a great feeling when I've already paid for the thing.

Sponsored

shakfu3

First Name
Shakeel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LE, 22 Bright
Clubs

I had a mobile service technician come to my house in North Jersey today. I asked him about Mahwah and he told me for now it's just going to be used for new car deliveries and a base for mobile service. He also mentioned that the next S/C to open is Edison in mid-2024. Lastly he mentioned Palisades Park as a 2025 location (which surprised me).

OP
OP
duessell

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had a mobile service technician come to my house in North Jersey today. I asked him about Mahwah and he told me for now it's just going to be used for new car deliveries and a base for mobile service. He also mentioned that the next S/C to open is Edison in mid-2024. Lastly he mentioned Palisades Park as a 2025 location (which surprised me).
I guess part of the confusion on the Guide/Customer Service end of things is that it is open for deliveries and mobile service but not open as a service center. 🤞

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
Maybe it was just the timing, but we had no problems parking on the street when we did our test drive out of the Brooklyn SC. It's also within walking distance of Roberta's (261 Moore St) - which has great pizza. With that said, we were very happy that our first real driving experience with the Rivian was returning to PA from the Gaithersburg SC rather than having to navigate home from Brooklyn. Mahwah can't open soon enough!

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reading through the comments in this thread, it looks like the information on future service centers on the Rivian website needs some serious updating.

There is no Mahwah location on Rivian map, however there is one shown in Blauvelt, NY, less than 15 miles away. It doesn't seem likely that Rivian plans to open two SC's so close to one another, but I guess it's possible. Based on Mahwah already operating however, I'd speculate that it will replace the Blauvelt, NY location that's presently on the SC map.

Palisades Park is also not on the Rivian SC map, and is only 8 miles from the Carlstadt location that's presently shown. Again, it doesn't seem very likely that Rivian will open two SC's in such close proximity, so my guess is Palisades Park replaces Carlstadt.

If it's accurate that the Edison SC will open mid-2024, that's good news for lots of folks, particularly those of us in eastern PA, who will hopefully be spared the hassle and cost of using Brooklyn.

Anyone have info on what the status of the planned Trenton SC is?

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: while everyone l've communicated with at Rivian has been friendly and put in effort to help get me answers, there's a breakdown in communication somewhere.

Over the past few days I've gotten conflicting information on where my vehicle is (first they told me it was on its way, then it was there, then it's not there yet) and on whether the SC is open yet (first it's not open, then hear it is and then hear I

Last contact from Rivian said it could be there any day, even tomorrow. Still pretty vague.

This is not a great feeling when I've already paid for the thing.
I strongly suspect that the confusion and lack of communication about your delivery is because Rivian is pushing hard to get as many vehicles as possible out the door before the end of the year. I believe that I saw recently that Rivian has updated their guidance to 54,000 vehicles for this year, which would be a nearly 10% increase to their intial projection.

Hope things improve in your situation and that your delivery happens quickly, goes smoothly and and happens in Mahwah. Make sure to check back in and let us know how things went.
Sponsored