Sponsored

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

I installed it this AM and seems when I put the stalk into drive, my wipers do a once wipe....
I will see if this gets better.
This was explained to me as a "courtesy wipe" when you have the Auto function enabled. I reported it about a year ago and that's what I was told.
Sponsored

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

I'm still on 6.2 and no notice to update to the hotfix 6.5. I may hold off until the next monthly update. Been reading some issues folks have been reporting after the hotfix was applied.

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
This was explained to me as a "courtesy wipe" when you have the Auto function enabled. I reported it about a year ago and that's what I was told.
Yeah, clearly whoever thought up that non-optional "courtesy wipe" lives where bugs either do not exist or else they move fast enough to avoid windshields...either that or their OCD has them breaking out the bug sponge & cleaner and cleaning the windshield off every time they get out somewhere.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I installed this update and the first time I tried to drive the truck I received the dreaded "System Fault Service Soon" when I put the truck into Reverse. I put the truck back into Park and the error went away. Hopefully this was just a random error and won't reoccur.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
totally rando. ipyle donner and barbie are there to assist...

honestly the updates with the tesla seem so much more refined ...
Kind of are but they have been at it for awhile now.

I’ve had some Tesla OTAs cause issues, most were little thing, the worst one was one that broke my air conditioner on a very hot August day, they told me not to drive it as it also impacted the BMS. They had other reports of the same issue and were working on a fix out to send out.

If you do searches you can still see reports of Tesla updates causing small issues. That is why you see more than .1 releases on them.

Sponsored

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
I got it last night (day 2 of owning the R1T). The 75 minute warning plus the doors may not lock/unlock was concerning. It applied a lot faster but I don't like the fact you cant lock/unlock the doors when its updating. Tesla does not have that limitation. Not the end of the world but still should put safety first.

Also, if an update doesn't apply, perhaps filter which cars see it. Tesla tends not to distribute update/update notices unless they apply to your car.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
This is only a hotfix OTA. It is still the week 6 update, hence why only the 3rd number changed.

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
I installed it this AM and seems when I put the stalk into drive, my wipers do a once wipe....
I will see if this gets better.
that's a courtesy wipe, it's supposed to occur when they sense dust / debris on the windshield, I'm not saying it works well, just saying don't freak out nothing's broken.

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I am avoiding it like the plague. I've seen too many owners reporting 'bricking' after this update, so I'll pass for now.

Sponsored

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
I am avoiding it like the plague. I've seen too many owners reporting 'bricking' after this update, so I'll pass for now.
This! We’ve only had the vehicle for 96 hours so no chance in hell yet.

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
I got it last night (day 2 of owning the R1T). The 75 minute warning plus the doors may not lock/unlock was concerning. It applied a lot faster but I don't like the fact you cant lock/unlock the doors when its updating. Tesla does not have that limitation. Not the end of the world but still should put safety first.
It's not gonna lock you into the truck. That warning is so that you don't think..."Oh, I'm headed into the grocery store for 20 minutes, this would be a good time to apply the update"

If you don't have a secure place for the unlocked truck, just plan on "sitting with it" for a while. It won't take the whole 75 minutes.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
I took this update and have had zero issues. I drove several hundred miles this weekend, dc fast charged twice with out issues.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
It's not gonna lock you into the truck. That warning is so that you don't think..."Oh, I'm headed into the grocery store for 20 minutes, this would be a good time to apply the update"

If you don't have a secure place for the unlocked truck, just plan on "sitting with it" for a while. It won't take the whole 75 minutes.
Right, on the Telsa you can lock/unlock at will while its updating.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
This! We’ve only had the vehicle for 96 hours so no chance in hell yet.
I got my truck 3/16, updated it on 3/18 when the update was available. No issues.
Sponsored