Sponsored

Anyone buying a Tesla with new price drop while they wait on their Rivian

Who now is buying a Tesla with new price drops?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
I'm looking to buy a used 2021 Model Y Performance closer to $40k if possible since new 2023 is around $56k.

With latest price drop, anyone else looking to buy a Tesla while they wait on their Rivian?

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone buying a Tesla with new price drop while they wait on their Rivian 1674229189486
Sponsored

Last edited:

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

HELL NO! I'm going to let TESLA do - what they do! I'm here for my R1S and a R2 when the platform is ready!

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
I'm looking to buy a used 2021 Model Y Performance closer to $40k if possible since new 2023 is around $56k.

With latest price drop, anyone else looking to buy a Tesla while they wait on their Rivian?
Did you really see a 2021 Model Y Performance $40k?

Yes, I would jump on that in an instant - unless it was a scam ( which I would be very suspicious of).

Lightly used Tesla's usually cost as much as (or more) new ones. Even before the crazy pandemic used car market

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

"Seriously considering New and pushing my delivery until the Dual Motor R1S is out"

That's my non poll answer lol

Sponsored

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler

Yes, I would jump on that in an instant - unless it was a scam ( which I would be very suspicious of).

Lightly used Tesla's usually cost as much as (or more) new ones. Even before the crazy pandemic used car market
Used ones will frop in price since production is way up and there is effectively no wait for a new one... Used were higher before because people did not want to wait for a new one

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
"Seriously considering New and pushing my delivery until the Dual Motor R1S is out"

That's my non poll answer lol
If you have a pre-3/1 preorder why would you switch to dual motor? You’d end up paying $6k more for two less motors with less power/less vectoring support and what appears to be only a modest range bump.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I voted yes because now Tesla is on the list next year assuming the price holds when I trade in my wife's Audi as it will be 3 years which is when I trade in cars. If I am going to go full electric and get rid of my wife's Audi ICE car it would be nice to have the charging support of the supercharger network for long trips. We are going to take a few trips this year in the Rivian to see how bad charging is.

I have 0 EV long distance experience so maybe I'm better off starting with the Rivian and the current state of that network as I really have no expectations right now so maybe it won't seem so bad.

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Selling my Mach-E for a Tesla. We’re done with the BS software rollout process, and I really have grown to dislike the low resolution screen.

OP
OP
Batman

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P

Recently saw one for $47,900. Will wait and let the new car price sink in. Then the used car prices will drop closer to that $40k mark i'm waiting for.

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
FWIW when Rivian announced the price hikes I cancelled and ordered a Tesla Model 3 LR. This was before Tesla jacked up their prices on everything so I got the Model 3 when the MSRP was $47,500 or something. It definitely was a great car and now that you can get a M3P for the same price (after rebate) I would not discourage anybody from buying one and would not personally hesitate to buy one again if I didn't have my R1T.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Ordered a Model Y LR and picking it up in a couple days. Never owned a Tesla so this will be my first experience. Wife and I really want the R1S for our family and road trip hauler but there's a pretty big price difference between the Model Y LR and the R1S as I'm post March 1st pricing. We're not going to cancel our R1S order quite yet, but i'm not sure that we're going to buy it when our ticket is called unless we just absolutely hate the Model Y.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

If at the end of this month I find out I'm still waiting until 2024 for my Rivian, then yes. I've been close to buying a tesla as a hold over for my original quad max reservation. Had the Max continued to be available and sometime in 2024, I'd have a tesla on order right now.

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

Not true anymore. The prices for used Teslas has cratered in the past 2 months. I found that out the hard way when I sold mine before picking up the Rivian. If I had sold mine 6 months ago I would have gotten $15k more for it.

To answer the poll question, no I'm not buying a Tesla. One because I already have the Rivian lol and two because my wife's parents live in an area where there's zero charging within 100 miles of their house so it would be impossible to get an EV up there at this point. Given that very important use condition, we will always have to have an ICE vehicle until that changes.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
no. I'm waiting for a truck and enjoying my SUV (R1S). I don't need a sedan, hatchback, or washing machine.
Sponsored