Sponsored

Anybody been dealing with TPMS 24/7?

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I bought some sensors from Jon in December that are not registering with my truck. He said he'd help me out and send a loaner programming tool but now he has completely ghosted me. I have called, emailed and texted but have heard nothing for three weeks.

Anybody else having a similar experience? I get the impression he is a one man band there. Maybe something happened? I don't know but it's pretty frustrating.
Could be that they just need to be reset. Had the same issue. Got mine working. Then had the wheels powder coated and when I got them back, sensors didn't work. You do need a programming tool. Not to program them, but to activate them. First, you have to air down the tires to about 8 psi. Wait for about 30 minutes. Air them back up to 50 psi, immediately activate them with a programming tool, then drive the truck and they should register within about 10 times. Assuming of course, that you do have the right ones. If you got them within the past month and a half, then you like do have the right ones.

Hope that helps. If you haven't already figured it out.
Sponsored

FadedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T
I purchased sensors from TPMS 24/7 and had them installed right away. They are not registering to my truck either and I've reached out to TPMS for assistance...

OP
OP
joelster

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yeah... This guy.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Yeah... This guy.
Did you ever get this resolved?? I just got mine installed today and the truck is not picking them up. I went back to the shop and they tried scanning them with their programmer which actually did have rivian listed, but still the truck is not picking them up (and only 3 of the 4 sensors would even scan).

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Fwiw I did not. Never got any response and was forced to do a credit card chargeback to get my money back since I was charged but nothing ever shipped.

Sponsored

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Fwiw I did not. Never got any response and was forced to do a credit card chargeback to get my money back since I was charged but nothing ever shipped.
Wonderful. I tried to contact them today, but do not have high expectations. Hopefully I do not have to go the chargeback route if I get no response and they continue to not work.

OP
OP
joelster

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did you ever get this resolved?? I just got mine installed today and the truck is not picking them up. I went back to the shop and they tried scanning them with their programmer which actually did have rivian listed, but still the truck is not picking them up (and only 3 of the 4 sensors would even scan).
No resolution from Jon at TPMS247. In fact, no response whatsoever. I may still be able to get them programmed but I have been out of action since 1/20 due to an accident and have not been able to get back to the tire shop.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Anybody in the Northern Los Angeles city area, I "might" be able to help.. PM me.

OP
OP
joelster

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I've called and emailed multiple times with no response. Super frustrating.
Yeah. At this point I have completely written this guy off. As I said before, I think that TPMS247 is a one man band and not a robust business. It might even be his hobby or a side hustle. Either he has experienced some personal tragedy or he has gotten in over his head with the business. Either way, he has become completely unresponsive and the business appears to be dead in the water.

Given the lack of communication I would say that if you are out money, a chargeback would be an appropriate remedy.

Sponsored

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Well this is disappointing after just paying to have these installed yesterday. Guess I will pursue a chargeback and just keep running with non-functioning TPMS as before they were installed.

OP
OP
joelster

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Well this is disappointing after just paying to have these installed yesterday. Guess I will pursue a chargeback and just keep running with non-functioning TPMS as before they were installed.
I wouldn't give up on them just yet. I think the issue is that you need to find somebody with a TPMS programmer that talks to Alpha sensors and has the latest firmware that Includes Rivian Vehicles.

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

I asked Tire Rack if they sell TPMS sensors. The answer was yes, they sell “BH SENS” brand sensors, which they say are the OEM Rivian sensors, and will work seamlessly. Price $60 each.

So I searched the web for this, and found them here on Amazon for $26.

Anyone have any experience using these or know anything about them?

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

I asked Tire Rack if they sell TPMS sensors. The answer was yes, they sell “BH SENS” brand sensors, which they say are the OEM Rivian sensors, and will work seamlessly. Price $60 each.

So I searched the web for this, and found them here on Amazon for $26.

Anyone have any experience using these or know anything about them?
Update on my TPMS sensor order from Amazon. About a week after I placed the order, Amazon cancelled it, saying the item is not available. So I called Tire Rack back, and they had them in stock, so I ordered them for $60 each. They should be here Monday. Hopefully they work.

OffRoad987

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T , Porsche Cayman
I had to have my TPMS programmed twice for it to work. 1st time my spare rims were around, so the tpms on those might have confused the computer. 2nd time rims were far away. Drove a few miles and it worked to my surprise.

Tire shop also only had the program for the R1S and not my R1T. Used it anyway.
Sponsored