Anybody been dealing with TPMS 24/7?

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I bought some sensors from Jon in December that are not registering with my truck. He said he'd help me out and send a loaner programming tool but now he has completely ghosted me. I have called, emailed and texted but have heard nothing for three weeks.

Anybody else having a similar experience? I get the impression he is a one man band there. Maybe something happened? I don't know but it's pretty frustrating.
Sponsored

OP
OP
joelster

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Crickets...

Anybody have a great experience?

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
I bought from them but have not had a chance to put on the truck as my dodge rims came with mounted tires. Was planning to put them in next time i go in for service. Now im getting nervous they wont work.

OP
OP
joelster

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I bought from them but have not had a chance to put on the truck as my dodge rims came with mounted tires. Was planning to put them in next time i go in for service. Now im getting nervous they wont work.
Nah... Yours will probably work fine. Others have had great success with these.

I just think that I received the wrong package. I ordered rubber stems and received metal. I was like, "Whatever. Same price,'" and went ahead installed them. Now I think I received sensors meant for somebody else with a different vehicle. It's a simple mix up if this is the case but I am just getting no response form the guy.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I think @FirstStateR1T helped them with the Rivian application. Maybe he has a alternate contact for you.

Sponsored

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
I bought sensors and a tool off amazon and did it myself. Do you have any of the packaging from them? Are all 4 not working? If you can't get help from the seller we might be able to work through this

Let me know

OP
OP
joelster

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I bought sensors and a tool off amazon and did it myself. Do you have any of the packaging from them? Are all 4 not working? If you can't get help from the seller we might be able to work through this

Let me know
I think I'm sorted. The shop that mounted the tires can help me but they need to update their programmer first. Curious though, what tool did you buy?

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Well I bought my sensors from them, they arrived before the wheels which came the first week of Jan. Then I had to travel so I didn’t get the tires & TPMS mounted on the wheels until 16 Jan. The weather has been so wonky warm for January here in PA, and there is no snow in the forecast for the foreseeable future, so I opted not to get them installed on the truck at this time.

So long story short, I don’t know if the truck’s going to see them or not once I get the wheels on the truck. By that time, 247 will probably tell me to go pound sand if I have a problem. Or not respond at all if this thread is any indication. I just hope I don’t end up having to unmount the tires from the wheels if I end up having a problem.

Last edited:

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I ordered last week of Dec and despite calls, voicemails, emails and even texts never heard a thing back. Never received the sensors either so I gave up and just installed without TPMS since I'm just running these for the winter. Not sure if he was on vacation or what, but pretty frustrating to get completely ghosted. Even a "I'm on vacation until XX" date auto-reply would have been fine, but nothing.

OP
OP
joelster

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I ordered last week of Dec and despite calls, voicemails, emails and even texts never heard a thing back. Never received the sensors either so I gave up and just installed without TPMS since I'm just running these for the winter. Not sure if he was on vacation or what, but pretty frustrating to get completely ghosted. Even a "I'm on vacation until XX" date auto-reply would have been fine, but nothing.
Ok. So I’m not alone.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Ha, like one of those “24/7” gyms back on the 80’s that moved out in the middle of the night when no one was there.