Derek

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1T
Clubs

Has anyone received a truck with Ocean Coast? I'm scheduled for Oct.-Nov. so I'm really hoping to start seeing some people receive their trucks. Please no more delays!
Sponsored

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
I wouldn't expect any OC deliveries to begin until October at the earliest. They said "Fall" in their email, and it's not Fall yet.

If you want to get technical, the start of fall is September 22nd.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I was expecting to at least to see an Ocean Coast R1S in the media videos, but I think every one of them was Black Mountain. So I wouldn't expect any R1T or R1S customer deliveries yet.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
I wouldn't expect any OC deliveries to begin until October at the earliest. They said "Fall" in their email, and it's not Fall yet.

If you want to get technical, the start of fall is September 22nd.
If they said "Fall" then we won't see any OC deliveries until Dec 21. The last day of fall. At the soonest.

Sponsored

Pat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Corvette Conv, 2002 Chevy Avalanche
Occupation
Retired
We also have a Oct-Nov delivery schedule. As a life long Vegas resident, Ocean Coast is a must. Looking forward to the Rivian Service Center in North Las Vegas getting some OC deliveries.

GZR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Hey did u ever get invited to the first mile ? I live in Henderson and would love to do the first mile

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
My FG with OC interior is "scheduled" for delivery Nov-Dec this year... I think it could actually happen, but I'm not holding my breath either.

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
'66 Ford Jeep, '01 SLK 32AMG, '10 Wrangler, '19 Q7
Occupation
Autonomous Driving Software
We also have a Oct-Nov delivery schedule. As a life long Vegas resident, Ocean Coast is a must. Looking forward to the Rivian Service Center in North Las Vegas getting some OC deliveries.
Best of luck! I am envious!

I changed my R1T from OC to black in an attempt to speed up my delivery, and got an Oct-Nov delivery schedule, too. I just got the configuration confirmation email, and before confirming I'm going to ask my guide how much longer if I wait for OC. I really do prefer it, and thought it was pushing timelines out very far. Maybe you're one of the first OCs, and light wood supplies are so constrained that if I tried to join that queue I'd get pushed back another year. But fingers crossed for my call.

@Pat May I ask when your pre-order was placed?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Best of luck! I am envious!

I changed my R1T from OC to black in an attempt to speed up my delivery, and got an Oct-Nov delivery schedule, too. I just got the configuration confirmation email, and before confirming I'm going to ask my guide how much longer if I wait for OC. I really do prefer it, and thought it was pushing timelines out very far. Maybe you're one of the first OCs, and light wood supplies are so constrained that if I tried to join that queue I'd get pushed back another year. But fingers crossed for my call.

@Pat May I ask when your pre-order was placed?
Keep us filled in with what you hear. I was slated for Nov Dec with oc. Changed to black for a week or so and never saw action so changed back to oc.

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
'66 Ford Jeep, '01 SLK 32AMG, '10 Wrangler, '19 Q7
Occupation
Autonomous Driving Software
Unfortunately my guide was as unhelpful as I feared they would be.
  • How much will it delay my order to switch back to OC?
    • ~"Hard to say. I know it might be shipping by end of the fall. It really depends on a bunch of factors."
  • Have any OC been shipped yet?
    • ~"I don't know."
  • If I don't make a change, how long, roughly, has it been averaging from configuration confirmation to delivery.
    • ~"Hard to give a complete estimate. Once you confirm, it has to be built in Normal, then shipped to Denver, then get a final inspection there. Also, the 8-step process."
So...I'm favoring the production slot I have, a purchase timeline that should ensure the EV credit, and a BM interior that's still pretty nice...over the OC interior I really want, but at an added price combined with an uncertain timeline and quality control.

Good luck to you steadfast OC fans!

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I'm still being told Fall so no idea when it will actually come.

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Unfortunately my guide was as unhelpful as I feared they would be.
  • How much will it delay my order to switch back to OC?
    • ~"Hard to say. I know it might be shipping by end of the fall. It really depends on a bunch of factors."
  • Have any OC been shipped yet?
    • ~"I don't know."
  • If I don't make a change, how long, roughly, has it been averaging from configuration confirmation to delivery.
    • ~"Hard to give a complete estimate. Once you confirm, it has to be built in Normal, then shipped to Denver, then get a final inspection there. Also, the 8-step process."
So...I'm favoring the production slot I have, a purchase timeline that should ensure the EV credit, and a BM interior that's still pretty nice...over the OC interior I really want, but at an added price combined with an uncertain timeline and quality control.

Good luck to you steadfast OC fans!
Thanks for the update! I wasn't expecting anything other than "we have no idea at all", haha. Now they have the tax issue fish to fry.
Sponsored