Sponsored

Any hints as to when the factory will start producing Rivians again?

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The R1S shop is pretty sparse right now. Just wondering if rivian ever said when production will start again.
Sponsored

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Rivian restarted the lines at the end of April. It takes a little while to get cars through the line, longer to get them to the SCs. Even more time to prep them. I suspect some people have or will soon have post shutdown vehicles. But there is probably a bit of a backlog, so they probably don’t have anything for the shop yet.

fbkr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Have any post-shutdown R1S/R1Ts hit the shop?

The factory has been reopened for ~3 weeks so they must be making some by now.

That said, my pet theory is that they are building up inventory of the "refreshed" vehicles but not releasing them to the shop until they do an unveiling event in June.

Reactions: Rad

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
I'm thinking they want to beta test the line first, like panel gaps, the new hardware they are using, drive some test models before making deliveries, June seems to be the consensus when we will find out what they refreshed. Definitely curious to see if NACS is included in this update.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've found evidence that the 2025 Standard pack models have been certified by the EPA. For me this is confirmation that they did the model year change after the plant restarted. Will make it easy down the line to know what "version" of vehicle you are getting.

Sponsored

RJM77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Architect
Have any post-shutdown R1S/R1Ts hit the shop?

The factory has been reopened for ~3 weeks so they must be making some by now.

That said, my pet theory is that they are building up inventory of the "refreshed" vehicles but not releasing them to the shop until they do an unveiling event in June.
Makes sense on paper but the shop is so depleted right now. I find it hard to believe they'll go another month of basically selling nothing before adding more to the shop.

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Makes sense on paper but the shop is so depleted right now. I find it hard to believe they'll go another month of basically selling nothing before adding more to the shop.
I know, Im finally ready to buy now and they don't have my color or wheels.....

OP
OP

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
End of quarter is coming up in a little over a month, so be interesting to see if they start selling newly produced vehicles soon or not.

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

End of quarter is coming up in a little over a month, so be interesting to see if they start selling newly produced vehicles soon or not.
That would be the ultimate end of quarter push. Release new refreshed R1s and heavily discount the older ones

Last edited:

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
They could be just withholding new inventory, awaiting final authorization from the feds, and/or to try to clear as much existing inventory as possible.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Could be an announcement real soon. Birdie told me new refresh models are enroute to an unveil for the youtubers to test. Maybe June 1st, but no idea on the real date. Hopefully some cool stuff if it is worth keeping under wraps so long.
Sponsored