Sponsored

Any Day Now

Will we see a press release that will include all the missing pieces?

• Total voters

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
If they are still tweaking hardware designs, then that is an indication they are nowhere near ready for production.
Possibly. Who knows. But I bet it’ll be before any of these other EV trucks make it to market.
Sponsored

zmachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I think they have all the information we want. A bit like a console launch, it's not about what information they have (they have all of it right now. Price, options, etc.), but about the most advantageous time to release this information.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
If they are still tweaking hardware designs, then that is an indication they are nowhere near ready for production.
Exactly. Still in the testing phase.
Production is 6+ months away.

I'd much rather they do thorough testing before shipping to avoid issues like bumper covers getting torn off by small amounts of standing water on the road.
Rivian R1T R1S Any Day Now 1603426398050

Tesla just issued a service bulletin (while not admitting liability)

The Rebelle Rally vehicle had an instance of the rear tires contacting the fender liners and tearing one of them off. While possibly a software setting in the suspension adjustment could remedy this, there may be some other tweaking required.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34455551/2021-ford-bronco-configurator/

And another configurator goes live.

And here we remain.

With some interior colours swatches, a couple of paint colours, and the battery sizes

Someday, when the stars have aligned and we’ve sacrificed the appropriate number of virgins/chickens/ICE vehicles to the EV gods, we too shall have the Holy Configurator

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Do you mean nowhere near as in 8 months away?

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I think they have all the information we want. A bit like a console launch, it's not about what information they have (they have all of it right now. Price, options, etc.), but about the most advantageous time to release this information.
Halloween could be appropriate if options pricing might approach scary levels.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I know I feel like I am 6 and waiting for my Birthday. 2020 probably has no small effect either. That might be what has me so impatient.

The anxiety of will it be worth the money? Is a real factor. The configurator will answer those questions to a certain extent.

The EV Hummer only reinforced that the Rivian is for me.

Lets go Rivian!!!!

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ford has now released the configurator for the new ‘21 Bronco. Using that, I built my ideal Bronco using the 4-door Badlands edition with the highest Lux package and Sasquatch package - came out to a shade under $57K. I have a reservation on the Bronco and will be able to finalize it and put the order in this December. Might be doing just that if I don’t know by then all the pertinent details on the R1T I’ve also reserved.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
The two biggest glaring absences in the data stream is sales and service.

How do we buy? Where do we buy? What financing options are available? Can I trade in my current vehicle? How and where will my vehicle be delivered? There was a lot of interest in a factory delivery program - is that still even a remote possibility?
I called in to the brand new phone line a couple of days ago and asked them almost all of these questions. I got very vague answers, along the lines of "all will be known once the configurator is released".

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I got very vague answers, along the lines of "all will be known once the configurator is released".
What do you think, would you like a configurator with pricing and delivery dates? And be willing to wait a little longer for service and buying experience info?

Or would you prefer to wait and get it all at once?

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
What do you think, would you like a configurator with pricing and delivery dates? And be willing to wait a little longer for service and buying experience info?

Or would you prefer to wait and get it all at once?
Give me the configurator & I know they'll figure out the other stuff.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
Somebody should email/ask on the phone about the configurator again. Just to see if it’s still “By the end of the year”

That darn configurator has a nasty habit of always being around the corner but never actually coming

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Somebody should email/ask on the phone about the configurator again. Just to see if it’s still “By the end of the year”

That darn configurator has a nasty habit of always being around the corner but never actually coming
Why? They're not going to give a date because everyone would just complain if it's at all late. It'll be out when they're ready. It only needs to be ready five minutes before you need to place your order.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
Idk, like, for fun? Nothing else to do while they give us zero new info on a daily basis

aardvarkricky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4
I agree it is a frustratingly quiet company. Especially for reservation holders, I would have expected a few tidbits of info along the way to keep us excited. I understand and appreciate that Rivian is a careful, deliberate company but some communications once in awhile would be nice.
Sponsored