Vehicles
Kia Optima

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I haven't seen anything from Rivian that states you need to attach an Amazon account (as is needed for true Amazon products). I wouldn't be too worried about this.

If you really want to worry about Big Brother intruding on your data privacy, look into how Rivian has talked about lowering insurance rates depending on if you use their advanced driver support features.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This won't be supported on Rivian vehicles, at least not any time soon. Initial support is for certain Echo and Ring devices with Tile support planned for later this year. I'm not sure there is a good use case for this on devices that already have their own network connectivity (except to serve as a bridge to other devices which is less valuable when the bridge isn't stationary) or on mobile devices short of helping locate lost/stolen devices and pets (which I believe is the use case for Tile).

I do find it pretty disgusting that Amazon is opting people in by default. Regardless, it can always be disabled so not something to be worried about.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
If you really want to worry about Big Brother intruding on your data privacy, look into how Rivian has talked about lowering insurance rates depending on if you use their advanced driver support features.
I have a State Farm Drive Safe and Save beacon in my cars. It saves me quite a bit despite my spirited driving in my Model 3. It’s really nice to not have to constantly request a re-rate too. I don’t feel my privacy is compromised.

Rivian R1T R1S Amazon Sidewalk Op Out?!? FMzCiT3X0AM69-v

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I just learned about this. Don’t currently own an “Amazon Device”. I will be emailing Rivian to ask if their vehicles will participate in this by default. I’m not really sure if that’s possible. Can’t say I fully understand it.

https://www.ghacks.net/2021/05/30/i...idth-with-your-neighbors-you-need-to-opt-out/
Regardless of whether Rivian’s vehicles participate in Amazon Sidewalk or not, you have the ability to disable it in your account - simply open the Amazon Alexa app, go to Settings—>Account Settings—>Amazon Sidewalk and make sure the slider button at the bottom is to the left on Disabled.

Rivian R1T R1S Amazon Sidewalk Op Out?!? A29BF7D6-24B8-40DD-8802-313E39E1A5F5
Sponsored