Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

We split our time between Delco (Philly suburbs) and Jim Thorpe (Poconos). Have yet to see an EDV in either location. Given that there appears to be tons of them over the state lines in NJ & NY, I wonder if the Commonwealth's antiquated motor vehicle sales & service laws (direct not allowed, must be through a dealer) might be why.
Just adding to that datapoint, I've seen zero in and around the Lancaster/Hershey/Harrisburg and surrounding areas. Nor any anywhere along my commute thru York down to the Baltimore, MD area.

So yeah, at least as far as I can see, Pennsylvania isn't getting Rivian EDV love, and we have some pretty large-ish regional Amazon distribution centers nearby.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

It looks like they're doing them in big batches by distribution center. So cities will go from zero to a huge number in a pretty short amount of time. Once they get around to your city.

I haven't seen them in Denver proper yet, but I've seen them in the north suburbs like Boulder and Lafayette. I've also seen one in Kansas City while traveling.

I'm hoping to see more EDV's (and EV's in general) in Colorado soon. We have some pretty horrific local air quality here, and cars are a pretty big contributor.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
a 2/3 size variant of this marketed towards commercial and conversion would likely go gangbusters, but Rivian has too much on their plate currently.
It is because Rivian is prohibited from selling their EDV outside of Amazon for a few more years. They tried to renegotiate that earlier this year, and I think the date moved up a little bit but as of right now Rivian cannot sell EDVs to anyone but Amazon.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Pontiac,MI distribution center also get a ton of them very recently.
Been cool finally seeing them in my neighborhood!

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
Saw my first one in Minnesota! Picture taken from the skyway near IDS Center in Minneapolis. Photo taken last week (Jan. 17)
Rivian R1T R1S Amazon now has 10,000 Rivian electric vans in its delivery fleet 1000000959

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
In north Atlanta suburbs, I now routinely see packs of 5 or 6 of them heading west on US92 from around GA400 toward Cobb County. Haven't seen one deliver to my house yet, but there are more and more of them in these parts.
Sponsored