Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

This line from his response to the estimated delivery date question was a bit disappointing for me, having waited 3.5 years to still likely be told "sometime in '23" will be a bit of a let down.

"Windows can be as narrow as a two-month window for those taking delivery imminently and as broad as a half-year for those further out."
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I read through all of the Q&A and while I applaud Tony for the effort to connect with customers, I am disappointed by the many vague responses. I appreciate the need to be circumspect and diplomatic, but I don't think it's too harsh to say that many of his responses were at best bland and that most were pretty short on meaningful content.
It's all he's allowed to say.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

This line from his response to the estimated delivery date question was a bit disappointing for me, having waited 3.5 years to still likely be told "sometime in '23" will be a bit of a let down.

"Windows can be as narrow as a two-month window for those taking delivery imminently and as broad as a half-year for those further out."
Real insight there huh.....

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
He very wisely did not answer my question, even though it was the highest upvoted (or 2nd highest upvoted I can't remember) question not to be answered. He answered a lot of questions below me with lower votes.
Rivian R1T R1S AMA with Tony Caravano, Head of Rivian Customer Engagement 1665759044475

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It would be nice if it was a 2 month window for the next 6 months, 3 for the 6 after, 4 for the 6 after, and 6 for anything positively later than 4H2023.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Does anyone else find it interesting that Rivian execs are using reddit as a communication channel instead of this forum? Don't get me wrong, I'm also on reddit, but I think this forum is a much better place for updates, good conversation, etc over reddit?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Does anyone else find it interesting that Rivian execs are using reddit as a communication channel instead of this forum? Don't get me wrong, I'm also on reddit, but I think this forum is a much better place for updates, good conversation, etc over reddit?
I'd agree with you. Reddit's format is less conducive to stuff that can sometimes take a longer span than a few days.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Reddit has more reach.

Hell even the FDA is using reddit as a research tool...

We have more class and are more educated with Rivian items than the reddit group... I will say that...

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It would be nice if it was a 2 month window for the next 6 months, 3 for the 6 after, 4 for the 6 after, and 6 for anything positively later than 4H2023.
It would be nice wouldn't it... hahaha

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I think @Tim@XPEL was a prime example of how this page actually hosted a better discussion than Reddit. I do agree, Reddit reaches a larger audience, but this forum I think reaches more owners or for that matter, future owners.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I'd agree with you. Reddit's format is less conducive to stuff that can sometimes take a longer span than a few days.
This is a great way of saying what I was thinking but couldn't put it into words. I really like the fact that there are still threads of people talking about off center steering, etc, etc. These threads started months ago but are still being updated today (EX R1shop).

With reddit, things are said but then quickly disappear with the next new thing. They heavily prioritize "new" over the weighted average.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Customer service confirmed a better answer. They said Tony was referring to the vegan wrapped version of oc. Original still on track for fall for r1s and oc.
That is insane he misstated that (though I still don’t trust CS). Nothing in the question referred to the new versions, which weren’t even announced until yesterday!

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

That is insane he misstated that (though I still don’t trust CS). Nothing in the question referred to the new versions, which weren’t even announced until yesterday!
I plan to confirm with my guide when she is back in town. The CS guy took about 15 minutes to go do the research and ask around before he got back to me. He said he made a few calls and messaged a few people.
Sponsored