Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
That is insane he misstated that (though I still don’t trust CS). Nothing in the question referred to the new versions, which weren’t even announced until yesterday!
They were announced back in August, just not available to select until yesterday. But you're right, he didn't distinguish which implies all OC.
Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Does anyone else find it interesting that Rivian execs are using reddit as a communication channel instead of this forum? Don't get me wrong, I'm also on reddit, but I think this forum is a much better place for updates, good conversation, etc over reddit?
Rivian has used Rivian Stories. RS uses the 100% fawning strategy influencers used on Musk to stay close

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Rivian has used Rivian Stories. RS uses the 100% fawning strategy influencers used on Musk to stay close
I think I watched half of one of those videos before I couldn't watch anymore.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
They were announced back in August, just not available to select until yesterday. But you're right, he didn't distinguish which implies all OC.
Huh, didn't know that. Either way, the question was about LE configs, which didn't (and still don't, I think) have the wrapped option so wouldn't implicate it regardless of the timing of the announcement.

Sponsored

Deleted member 8992

What is the goal for the RAN - still 600 locations by the end of 2023? If not the target when will the RAN be built out nationwide?
see more

Tcaravano
6 points·31 minutes ago

Our goal is still 3,500 chargers at 600+ sites across the US and Canada. We've extended our timeline past 2023 to get charger production ramped up. Right now, we have over 50 active construction projects of RAN charging destinations - and even more in permitting and final diligence stage. Our timelines are phased - some coming online as soon as the next few weeks, like Sacramento and Truckee, CA -- which together fully enable travel between the San Francisco Bay Area and Tahoe and beyond on Rivian Adventure Network! Other routes coming soon connect Southeast Michigan to the Upper Peninsula and the Blue Ridge Parkway spanning North Carolina and Virginia.
Building a Rivian Adventure Network site takes many months, but along the way we listen to customers to know where to build and we are always open to suggestions. We're designing our charging network to ensure charging sites are within range of each other, close enough to support long distance travel, even when towing. In identifying areas of interest along the way, we visit the locations in-person and meet with potential site hosts to get a connection with the surroundings and experience. From there, we work through the process of diligence surveys and design drawings, utility and grid planning, zoning, and permitting, which all lead to construction and site opening. This process requires strong collaboration within Rivian and our external partners, too.
A charger location is badly needed between Las Vegas and Reno, NV. There are only 2 charging options that most often not working making travel between the destinations questionable.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Does anyone else find it interesting that Rivian execs are using reddit as a communication channel instead of this forum? Don't get me wrong, I'm also on reddit, but I think this forum is a much better place for updates, good conversation, etc over reddit?
Reddit has far broader reach than this forum.

Reactions: Guy

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I think I watched half of one of those videos before I couldn't watch anymore.
Yep ... stopped watching them as well as they are simply trolling to get into Rivian/RJ's favor and also found them to be VERY boring. But don't get me wrong, I will do what it takes to get my R1S SooooNer! 😜🍆

PowerBugs

First Name
Dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
What is the goal for the RAN - still 600 locations by the end of 2023? If not the target when will the RAN be built out nationwide?
see more

Tcaravano
6 points·31 minutes ago

Our goal is still 3,500 chargers at 600+ sites across the US and Canada. We've extended our timeline past 2023 to get charger production ramped up. Right now, we have over 50 active construction projects of RAN charging destinations - and even more in permitting and final diligence stage. Our timelines are phased - some coming online as soon as the next few weeks, like Sacramento and Truckee, CA -- which together fully enable travel between the San Francisco Bay Area and Tahoe and beyond on Rivian Adventure Network! Other routes coming soon connect Southeast Michigan to the Upper Peninsula and the Blue Ridge Parkway spanning North Carolina and Virginia.
Building a Rivian Adventure Network site takes many months, but along the way we listen to customers to know where to build and we are always open to suggestions. We're designing our charging network to ensure charging sites are within range of each other, close enough to support long distance travel, even when towing. In identifying areas of interest along the way, we visit the locations in-person and meet with potential site hosts to get a connection with the surroundings and experience. From there, we work through the process of diligence surveys and design drawings, utility and grid planning, zoning, and permitting, which all lead to construction and site opening. This process requires strong collaboration within Rivian and our external partners, too.
This is great news but 11kW max charger in Yosemite is more like for people who are staying overnight.

bcp

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Executive Director, Non-Profit association
Hi Tony! Thanks for doing this. I think the service process and communication needs some work. The single point of contact being a main corporate number is very frustrating for owners and Rivian employees alike. I have had several situations where I can't get a hold of the service center and neither can Rivian main support. I have actually been told by Rivian main support that they don't even have a phone number for the service centers, all communication is done through a software system. This causes lots of frustrations for everyone involved. I've been told every time I interact with the service center that the service center will call me directly for updates and this does not happen. Because of how the system is set up, I am forced to call the main support number, wait on hold or for a call back number, explain to them that I am trying to contact the service center that my vehicle is at for an update, only to get told that they relay the message to the service center and I should be getting a call back from them. A system that does not allow the owner of the vehicle to talk to anyone at the location where their vehicle is located is prone to miscommunication and frustrations. Please do something about this.

Tcaravano
1 point·just now

Hi - I'm honestly excited to be here today and this feedback is super helpful. We hope the options for connecting with us are clear when you dial Rivian 1-888-748-4261 - we have created direct options for Roadside, Vehicle Service, Charging Support, Rivian Insurance and general support. For a direct line to 24/7 Vehicle Service, customers can dial 1-855-748-4265.
We operate a centralized Vehicle Service call center that works closely with our network of Service Centers. If the team is unable to transfer you to the Service Center in real-time, it's likely the team members at that location are working on other tasks or assisting another owner and will reach back out to you as quickly as possible. The number of team members we have to properly support ownership continues to grow.
As a reminder, you can also check the status of your service tickets through your Rivian app.

Sponsored

bcp

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Executive Director, Non-Profit association
Hi Tony! Thanks for doing this. I think the service process and communication needs some work. The single point of contact being a main corporate number is very frustrating for owners and Rivian employees alike. I have had several situations where I can't get a hold of the service center and neither can Rivian main support. I have actually been told by Rivian main support that they don't even have a phone number for the service centers, all communication is done through a software system. This causes lots of frustrations for everyone involved. I've been told every time I interact with the service center that the service center will call me directly for updates and this does not happen. Because of how the system is set up, I am forced to call the main support number, wait on hold or for a call back number, explain to them that I am trying to contact the service center that my vehicle is at for an update, only to get told that they relay the message to the service center and I should be getting a call back from them. A system that does not allow the owner of the vehicle to talk to anyone at the location where their vehicle is located is prone to miscommunication and frustrations. Please do something about this.

Tcaravano
1 point·just now

Hi - I'm honestly excited to be here today and this feedback is super helpful. We hope the options for connecting with us are clear when you dial Rivian 1-888-748-4261 - we have created direct options for Roadside, Vehicle Service, Charging Support, Rivian Insurance and general support. For a direct line to 24/7 Vehicle Service, customers can dial 1-855-748-4265.
We operate a centralized Vehicle Service call center that works closely with our network of Service Centers. If the team is unable to transfer you to the Service Center in real-time, it's likely the team members at that location are working on other tasks or assisting another owner and will reach back out to you as quickly as possible. The number of team members we have to properly support ownership continues to grow.
As a reminder, you can also check the status of your service tickets through your Rivian app.
I agree that the main 'complaint' I have as a Rivian owner is not being able to pick up the phone can call my local service center and talk to an employee at the center. I would like to be able to talk to my local service center, both when I want to make a service appointment, and also when my truck is at the service center and I want to discuss the repair work with someone at the center.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
typical MBA-speak.

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
see more

Tcaravano
6 points·31 minutes ago

My only experience with a Rivian charger was at Yosemite and It was so slow that it wasn't worth charging there unless you had a room there. There was also a Tesla taking up one of the two chargers. Hopefully Rivian will be installing 60 to 100kW chargers and more than 2 in any location.
On a personal preference note Ontario Oregon desperately needs some high speed chargers.

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
First, thank you for doing this /u/tcaravano !!!
Can you please give longtime R1S LE preorder holders with FE or OC interiors insight on delivery timing, including:
  1. Are you currently making any R1Ses for non-employee customer delivery with FE or OC? If yes, have any been delivered? If no, when will you start? Will FE or OC R1Ses be pushed to 2023, as has been rumored? Would appreciate separate answers for each color if they differ.
  2. How much will order date matter? Are there any steps the company is taking to ensure earlier orders will be delivered before later orders with the same config and location?
  3. The R1T OC delay wasn’t announced until well after it was obvious there was a problem because of missed windows, etc. Will you keep us updated more promptly on issues with our out-of-production configs this time around?
ETA: Thank you again. I’ve held off asking CS these questions because of this AMA and am hoping we’ll get some straightforward insight on what are important questions now that many of us are coming up on 4 years of waiting. I personally would prefer “I can’t answer that” to the vaguer but more positive responses that CS often provides.

Tcaravano
1 point·just now

Thanks for welcoming me here - I'm typing as quickly as I can!
  1. Yes, I actually attended an R1S delivery in person this week. We’re producing and delivering R1S in Black Mountain with the dark ash wood trim right now. Forest Edge for R1S will begin next month, and Ocean Coast in January of '23. Early next year, we'll begin to produce vegan leather accent options for both Black Mountain and Ocean Coast (you can see all of these options in Vehicle Studio today)!
  2. I can confirm that delivery date matters and we try to give priority to our earliest customers first (this won't be an exact science in every instance). Delivery window estimates are dynamic and based on factors like your delivery address, preorder date, and saved configuration. While things like your preorder date never change, updating your configuration/delivery address may shift your estimates forward or back. We recommend saving the configuration you'd love to take delivery of - having that info helps us plan our production sequencing and batching.
  3. I mentioned this in response to another question, but even other people reconfiguring can shift timelines. So, while you may not have changed your configuration, others (especially preorders placed before yours) changing theirs may impact your estimate. That said we waited too long for delivery estimates on R1S Ocean Coast and Forest Edge and will be more timely in the future.
I try to encourage our team to answer every question asked. We will push harder to get concrete answers to all of your questions, just know that some of them will require a "more soon".
Well, #1 answers one of my big questions. Not totally happy with the answer but..., at least it's an answer, which none of us have received before, to my knowledge. I guess my follow up would be, is it really that efficient to run one interior per month or two on R1Ss? If we had been told that long ago many of us could possibly made changes that would have allowed us to get our vehicle earlier. I do feel that it's bad customer service to throw pre-order status out the door for interior color choice. We have people with very early preorders that are receiving vehicles much later (perhaps 6 months) than people who ordered a year later due to your roulette wheel of interior color. Not good.
Sponsored