Sponsored

Alpha Superwolf

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Color does suit the truck, and I think Launch Green will be similar.

They want a pretty penny for those things. No competition for a similarly priced F-150 Lightning or future lower range or dual motor R1T.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I’d buy that assuming it had decent range.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
According to their site, about 250 - 275+ miles range on a single charge. I kind of hoped for more, but that's just me.
I’m sure it’s not very efficient given the huge tires and Less than aerodynamic shape.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tried to reserve one, but the site hung after hitting submit. ?‍♂ doesn’t cost anything, so why not.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Tried to reserve one, but the site hung after hitting submit. ?‍♂ doesn’t cost anything, so why not.
I ”reserved” the Ace performance coupe many months ago now. Never received any sort of confirmation or any other communication afterwards. They keep showing some pretty cool ideas, but doesn’t seem like they really have anything other than ideas right now.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I’m sure it’s not very efficient given the huge tires and Less than aerodynamic shape.
Wish anyone had an inkling of an idea. There has been very little information released about Alpha Motors, even less than Rivian (yes that was a meager crack at Rivian's lousy communication methodology, hehe).

Sponsored

OP
OP
thrill

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Alpha Wolf Debut. They don't get in it, or even open the door, but it's got lights.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
If this was targeted to come to market next year instead of 2-3+, it might stand a better chance. I think that by the time they are ready to manufacture them (if they ever get there), a legacy OEM will be selling in the small PU market (Maverick or ??).
The Lightning is likely the final nail in Lordstown's coffin, and a legacy OEM bringing a similar product to market could do the same to Alpha.
The window for EV startups is closing quickly as traditional automakers are starting to see/acknowledge the writing on the wall.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
If this was targeted to come to market next year instead of 2-3+, it might stand a better chance. I think that by the time they are ready to manufacture them (if they ever get there), a legacy OEM will be selling in the small PU market (Maverick or ??).
The Lightning is likely the final nail in Lordstown's coffin, and a legacy OEM bringing a similar product to market could do the same to Alpha.
The window for EV startups is closing quickly as traditional automakers are starting to see/acknowledge the writing on the wall.
I agree, there are a couple of other things that are a big challenge for them as well. The specs are not great for acceleration 0-60 and hard to find a standard cab pickup these days from anyone. Seems like a very small market they are catering to and I do not see a startup being able to sell these cheap enough for them to be entry level.

I wish them luck but it is a tough road ahead for them.

OP
OP
thrill

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I think their effort is going to be to be as inexpensive as possible while having a certain look. The specs are not competitive, but they are sufficient for most use, and while it's not a quad-motor tank-turning rubber-melting five-ton-hauling glass-roofed premium-sound Alexa-flirter, the lighter weight and so smaller and cheaper battery pack should make it more palatable for what it is, which will be to keep the deliverable toy count low, mount a cell phone on the dash for all your non-immediate driving needs, and offer a lot of custom-fit money-making extras.

OP
OP
thrill

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I'd almost agree with you, but a lot of young people detest the legacy automakers and their fist pounding heel dragging entries into sufficiently likeable EVs.
Sponsored