LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Personally, the Canoo truck got my attention. If they can make it to production with 90% of what's claimed and cost no more than $50k at the top-end, then it may just define a new segment.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
The Wolf looks great, but they've aimed it a bit down market. Nothing wrong with that, just not the vehicle for me. If they end up with a higher spec trim, that would be a lot of fun for tooling around in the mountains.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
This looks like a 1980s Toyota to me. Std cab would be a very limited market, and there’s just not that much that’s interesting about it other than the cheap price.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The Wolf looks great, but they've aimed it a bit down market. Nothing wrong with that, just not the vehicle for me. If they end up with a higher spec trim, that would be a lot of fun for tooling around in the mountains.
I'd like something like this even more barebones, just to use as a utility/work/farm or hunting vehicle. Need 150 miles of range & HVAC.

I'm also curious to see what Volcon & Polaris (using Zero motors & tech) bring to the UTV market. I love UTVs, & use a gas Polaris Ranger almost daily for work around the house/property, but would love to have an electric option & HVAC.

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I'd like something like this even more barebones, just to use as a utility/work/farm or hunting vehicle. Need 150 miles of range & HVAC.

I'm also curious to see what Volcon & Polaris (using Zero motors & tech) bring to the UTV market. I love UTVs, & use a gas Polaris Ranger almost daily for work around the house/property, but would love to have an electric option & HVAC.
You did catch the 0-60 time, right?

I'm also waiting to see what comes of the Polaris EV Ranger...

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Nikola is/was bringing some thing this to market. Not cheap though - I think it was around $50k

Rivian R1T R1S Alpha Motor Wolf 1615755095951

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas

Have you considered the Pickman XR? I'll be getting one for around the ranch. LSV, not a roadworthy truck. But has HVAC, unlike Polaris (or the Rhino I had).

Due in April/May, not yet orderable - reservation only.

RobBot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
I'd 100% buy the Wolf if I was coming to market anytime in the next couple years. It's a little smaller than I'd like, but the price they're advertising for an electric pickup is hard to beat.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you considered the Pickman XR? I'll be getting one for around the ranch. LSV, not a roadworthy truck. But has HVAC, unlike Polaris (or the Rhino I had).

Due in April/May, not yet orderable - reservation only.
I actually have a reservation, but not sold on it. It's a much cheaper Alibaba truck that they're importing, adding a second motor for 4x4 & retrofitting with LiFe batteries, then marking way up.

I'm just a little concerned with reliability of their first gen of mods, and overall viability. Plus, I know how big of a difference a UTV suspension makes, so I'm leaning more in that direction.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nikola is/was bringing some thing this to market. Not cheap though - I think it was around $50k

1615755095951.png
I have zero faith in Nikola & that's too pricey. Check out Volcon though, I think they might be a contender & I'm less than 30 mins from where they're building their HQ.

Also, they're supposedly using motors from Linear Labs, which is some pretty cool motor tech to take a look at (if you're a nerd like me).

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
Alpha has now come out with an extended cab version of the Wolf. Pretty slick.

Now all they have to do is actually build it.

Rivian R1T R1S Alpha Motor Wolf 1618873274866

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Alpha is apparently has a total of 2 employees/principals. The chances of any of their products reaching production are somewhere in very close proximity to 0%.
Their "products" will most likely be limited to CGI renderings and videos. Not even a whiff of the capability to produce anything more.

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

They are showing a really nice bed extender that the R1T could really use.
Hopefully Rivian or some OEM makes something like that for the R1T.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
The Pickman XR is hilarious. It looks like an oversized power wheels and claims to have a 2000# payload and 6000# tow capacity. I agree with Skyote it appears to be a one off from Alibaba. For the right price and use case it might be a blast and do everything you need.
Sponsored