First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Leaf, Zero SR, Energica Experia, Honda NM4
Occupation
Software Developer
FYI for anyone near Huntsville AL that has an EV or wants to see one (Tesla mustang leaf etc just depends on who and what shows up)
The first Saturday morning of each month there is a informal EV meetup at Charlie Fosters
(Coffee and food located at The Stovehouse on Governors Drive)
www.charliefosters.com
Hoping to make it this Saturday
Crap, now you've got me contemplating... gonna be COLD riding up on two wheels if I do though 🥶⚡🏍
Sponsored

RivianRiverRat

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla 3, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Civil Engineer
P
Crap, now you've got me contemplating... gonna be COLD riding up on two wheels if I do though 🥶⚡🏍
forecast temp is 25 at 6 and 35 at 9
The good news is there will be plenty of good hot coffee
This is usually a “breakfast meetup”
I live an hour away also so it’s not a sure thing I even make it and I haven’t been a “regular”
Good news is it’s every month even if it is just one or two making it

ashnazg

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Leaf, Zero SR, Energica Experia, Honda NM4
Occupation
Software Developer
I live an hour away also so it’s not a sure thing I even make it and I haven’t been a “regular”
Yep, I'm about that far away SE as well. Gonna put these on my calendar going forward.

Double Uppers

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, R1T and multiple others
Occupation
Business Owner
Ok...time to chime in finally. We still have our 2 year old reservations for both the R1T and the R1S, however with no SC nearby, we got impatient. The reservations are identical to the vehicles we went ahead and bought on the secondary market. We are down here in Fairhope, Alabama.
Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_7931

Cory

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Ok...time to chime in finally. We still have our 2 year old reservations for both the R1T and the R1S, however with no SC nearby, we got impatient. The reservations are identical to the vehicles we went ahead and bought on the secondary market. We are down here in Fairhope, Alabama.
IMG_7931.jpg
I was hoping there would be some more rivians in the area! I'm moving to the Spanish fort area this summer and haven't seen anyone else around. I'm in perdido now and usually find myself down that way once or twice a week. I'm thinking of adding an S to the stable as well. How are you liking it?

Sponsored

Double Uppers

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, R1T and multiple others
Occupation
Business Owner
Well, let’s put it this way………I’m looking for another S. I love the T, but I have a business with multiple vehicles, so towing and a bed are not necessary. My wife wants launch green. I prefer the white with 22" black wheels she has. Maybe we keep all 3. Feel free to reach out and come by to check it out.

RivianRiverRat

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Just checking in - hoping everyone is doing fine
since I got mine I haven’t seen another T or S
Here are my stats from Monday
Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? 74ABA870-D303-470E-8E1A-DCBAD427E9CD

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Just checking in - hoping everyone is doing fine
since I got mine I haven’t seen another T or S
Here are my stats from Monday
74ABA870-D303-470E-8E1A-DCBAD427E9CD.jpeg
While almost everyone who sees mine says they have seen other Rivians around Birmingham I still haven't seen an Alabama-tagged example in my 8 months/12k miles of ownership. I have only seen one in Alabama at all and it was wearing an Indiana tag traveling south on I-65 near Cullman a couple weeks ago.

RivianRiverRat

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
While almost everyone who sees mine says they have seen other Rivians around Birmingham I still haven't seen an Alabama-tagged example in my 8 months/12k miles of ownership. I have only seen one in Alabama at all and it was wearing an Indiana tag traveling south on I-65 near Cullman a couple weeks ago.
I have seen or heard of two other white, a blue and a yellow in the Huntsville area and also saw a red that was tagged from south Alabama on I565 last fall
If you get a chance check the 4-22-23 Drive Electric event there in Birmingham
When I went to the one in Huntsville last year I met a guy that worked on the RAN network that lived near Bham showing his LE

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 hummer H3T (manual), 2018 dodge ram
Occupation
Contractor
Don’t worry there are more and more rivians in the area (Northern Alabama and southern Tennessee)

I was at the SC in Franklin on Friday and they had 3 different people get 1 R1T and 2 R1S,

I’m creeping up on 5k miles and loving every drive in it.

Sponsored

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Just driving in to work here in Huntsville and saw this at the local Honda used car dealership:
2022 Rivian R1T LA silver just over 5k miles and asking 90k sale price is 85K.

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 4runner, KS S18
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
Well the clock is counting down on my Rivian! I was told last Thursday that it was in transit to my local service center (ATL). Any idea on the expected time frame from your experiances? What should I do in the steps and in what order? Any pitfalls I should know about?

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Well the clock is counting down on my Rivian! I was told last Thursday that it was in transit to my local service center (ATL). Any idea on the expected time frame from your experiances? What should I do in the steps and in what order? Any pitfalls I should know about?
Don't worry too much about completing insurance & financing until 10-14 days before your delivery date. "Completing" the steps won't make it happen faster if you don't have a date yet. Good luck!

OP
OP

Dirtman16

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Just a quick heads up that we also got our eight steps email a few days ago. We also got to do the first mile drive in Atlanta.

Pretty excited! We also have the ocean coast interior, so I can confirm they are finally getting made.

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Someone got a nice new canyon red here in Huntsville (saw him near providence and university). Starting to see R1T more often in the area is cool….now if some R1S would pop in lol.
Sponsored