First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 hummer H3T (manual), 2018 dodge ram
Occupation
Contractor
Cool drive by here in Huntsville yesterday I was at the stop light at the corner of madison blvd and zierdt rd. I was just cruising about town with my navigator and I just looked to my right and what do I see (well you already have a good idea of what I saw))? An R1T LE green and two very nice people we exchanged the ā€œlike your truckā€ greeting (that should be the standard Rivian greeting šŸ¤” I get asked that a ton of times).

North Alabama getting more Rivians each day (they had theirs for just over a year so they had me by about 6months on ownership lol).
Sponsored

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Out for a cursive from Huntsville to high falls state park near Grove Oak then back through Scottsboro. Very nice drive and plenty of machE and Kia EV on the roads.

Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_1780

Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_1770

Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_1769

Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_1773

Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_1771

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Just had a very nasty line of storms blow through here in Huntsville and I can say I love this camp speaker /charger. My two dogs are watching it like itā€™s going to run away (they donā€™t like all the quiet and the random thunder rumbling donā€™t help any.
Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_2086

Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_2080

Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_2085

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Stopped at the Franklin service center to get my tail gate bed cap replaced (some equipment got caught in the inside lip and popped it right off). Quick and easy fix and gave me time to take in the large selection of various Rivians from trucks/SUV types to the EDV for Amazon and the one service truck for Rivian remote repairs)

Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_2094

Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_2095

Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_2096

Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_2093

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
You know I just got my truck washed and realized I have always been driving and never just leaned the seat back to look through the roof glass. Yeah I know you donā€™t do that while driving cause itā€™s dangerous. But hereā€™s a random photo (yes I was parked).
Yā€™all have a great weekend.

Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_2272

Sponsored

Elitewillie

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
N/A
Clubs

I should be joining you soon. Any tips on charging and overall living with a Rivian in the Huntsville area?

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 4runner, KS S18
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
I should be joining you soon. Any tips on charging and overall living with a Rivian in the Huntsville area?
Any particular concerns? Otherwise, enjoy the truck. My only issue when I first got my truck was that I really needed a home charger.

Elitewillie

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
N/A
Clubs

Any particular concerns? Otherwise, enjoy the truck. My only issue when I first got my truck was that I really needed a home charger.
just fast chargers and all that jazz. I donā€™t see too many.

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
just fast chargers and all that jazz. I donā€™t see too many.
Yeah, annoyingly I don't know of any in Huntsville proper. Thus the home charger is almost a must. I had to bum off my buddy's tesla home charger until I got my home charger set up. There are a few in surrounding cities but just not in Huntsville. https://www.plugshare.com/

Elitewillie

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
N/A
Clubs

Yeah, annoyingly I don't know of any in Huntsville proper. Thus the home charger is almost a must. I had to bum off my buddy's tesla home charger until I got my home charger set up. There are a few in surrounding cities but just not in Huntsville. https://www.plugshare.com/
Iā€™ll definitely have a home charger. How much did the 240 line run and setup cost you?

Sponsored

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
Iā€™ll definitely have a home charger. How much did the 240 line run and setup cost you?
I used ACW Electric. My run was super short like 5 feet. It cost $875. Double check your service before you install because if you hit your limit and need a service upgrade that is some $$$.

Elitewillie

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
N/A
Clubs

I used ACW Electric. My run was super short like 5 feet. It cost $875. Double check your service before you install because if you hit your limit and need a service upgrade that is some $$$.
Wow thatā€™s expensive. I paid less in Florida for 20 foot run. What was included with the $800?

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
Wow thatā€™s expensive. I paid less in Florida for 20 foot run. What was included with the $800?
Yes, if it wasn't critical I would have skipped it. I mean it was everything you should expect. Wire, conduit, breaker, etc. I think the problem we are having is that there is no shortage of work so prices keep going up. But that may just be me trying to rationalize haha...

Elitewillie

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
N/A
Clubs

Yes, if it wasn't critical I would have skipped it. I mean it was everything you should expect. Wire, conduit, breaker, etc. I think the problem we are having is that there is no shortage of work so prices keep going up. But that may just be me trying to rationalize haha...
Yeah seems like it. My buddy is an electrician. Iā€™ll have him walk me through it for that much. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
Yeah seems like it. My buddy is an electrician. Iā€™ll have him walk me through it for that much. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
To be fair it did not look that complicated. The biggest thing is I don't like working in the panel. I suppose if I had more time and energy I would be more willing to do it myself.
Sponsored