Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
N/A
Clubs

To be fair it did not look that complicated. The biggest thing is I don't like working in the panel. I suppose if I had more time and energy I would be more willing to do it myself.
yeah I’m deathly afraid of electricity but I’m sure I can shut the whole power down somehow. I hope. 🙏
Sponsored

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 4runner, KS S18
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
yeah I’m deathly afraid of electricity but I’m sure I can shut the whole power down somehow. I hope. 🙏
Electrical down the line from the panel is easy. My panel has a main power switch so if yours is like mine then you can turn off the power to the panel from the mains. Your buddy should be able to walk you through all the pitfalls of working on the panel. Like what is safe to touch and how to hold your hands when working in it. It is wild that the electricians will work on the panel while the power is still on.

Elitewillie

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
N/A
Clubs

Electrical down the line from the panel is easy. My panel has a main power switch so if yours is like mine then you can turn off the power to the panel from the mains. Your buddy should be able to walk you through all the pitfalls of working on the panel. Like what is safe to touch and how to hold your hands when working in it. It is wild that the electricians will work on the panel while the power is still on.
My electrician did it like that. Insane.

RivianRiverRat

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla 3, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Civil Engineer
For those of you that travel to Chattanooga - there is a Tesla supercharger site at Kimball TN (Hwy72/I-24)
Wife was charging there today and it was being serviced by a Tesla tech
Wife asked about updating to magic doc
He said not yet but he was doing the preliminary wiring service/update
So hopefully in a few

Mjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
software engineer
I was at the Buccees in Athens, AL off of 65 and noticed there are some Mercades Benz fast chargers going in. Couldn't find any additional info online, but this is great news since it's right off the interstate.

From what I can see, MB will open these up to the public.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dirtman16

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I was at the Buccees in Athens, AL off of 65 and noticed there are some Mercades Benz fast chargers going in. Couldn't find any additional info online, but this is great news since it's right off the interstate.

From what I can see, MB will open these up to the public.
Yep, they are ready to go. Just waiting on final provisioning.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Similar MB chargers are joining the EA and Superchargers at the Leeds Bucees. Athens will be a great site. I couldn’t believe they finished the Athens location without charging when Leeds already had Tesla & EA by that time.

Now i have ANOTHER excuse to drop by Bucees when i fetch my truck from the Franklin SC. :CWL:

Josh X

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Ok...time to chime in finally. We still have our 2 year old reservations for both the R1T and the R1S, however with no SC nearby, we got impatient. The reservations are identical to the vehicles we went ahead and bought on the secondary market. We are down here in Fairhope, Alabama.
IMG_7931.jpg
R1T owner in Mobile here.
Rivian R1T R1S Alone in Alabama? IMG_7222

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 hummer H3T (manual), 2018 dodge ram
Occupation
Contractor
Nice to see so many R1’s in the area now (Huntsville) and hearing about them around in AL too.

Welcome all the new owners.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
I have over 29k miles on mine and today, for the first time, i was behind another R1T at a traffic light in Birmingham. It is still exceedingly rare for me to see a Rivian but it seems like i only see them when i’m not in mine 😄
Sponsored