First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Hi fellow Rivianeers - I put together this video survey of all the colors. I had all but one until a week ago when I finally met the Limestone. I tried to make several comparisons for anyone who is still wondering how the colors look next to each other. The video walks through each of the colors (stock footage for the Yellow), then makes several side by side comparisons, including:

Limestone/LA Silver
Limestone/El Cap Granite
Launch Green/Forest Green
Launch Green/Limestone

Hope this helps some of you decide between the colors, even though I’m sure it’s going to make it harder for others like it did for me! Sorry not sorry. :) They’re all great!

Rivian R1T R1S ALL 10 Rivian colors compared! A085AFA0-5684-4A55-8E92-517B6299AA8F

Rivian R1T R1S ALL 10 Rivian colors compared! 040F6F97-8279-4B99-96E1-9F65B03B4C9E

Rivian R1T R1S ALL 10 Rivian colors compared! 25A47172-9FAD-4789-A833-53F82AB03891

Rivian R1T R1S ALL 10 Rivian colors compared! 6F6EB832-C11C-492C-B19B-0A43425DF21A
Sponsored

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Thanks for putting this together. Very helpful.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Very helpful! This reinforced my preference. I do think the R1S with it’s black top may influence color choices.

Last edited:

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
KILLER video! This is the content everyone is craving to help in making the decisions for other configuration.

Sponsored

tyfly867

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
370z, Chevy Suburban
They should put this video on the configurator, as their 3D renderings are not very helpful :p

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Very helpful! This reinforced my preference. I do think the R1S with it’s black top may influence color choices.
Yeah, I feel like the R1S will need its own video, the black top does change things. I feel like the Forest Green will be my favorite on the R1S.

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
They should put this video on the configurator, as their 3D renderings are not very helpful :p
I have always felt like untreated video is a much better way of representing what a color will actually look like, especially under more “normal” light, like the shots of the dirty launch green. Thanks for watching. Please share!

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Super helpful! I think this is the first video where I can finally understand why they say Limestone has some green undertones. It is especially apparent in this shot:

Rivian R1T R1S ALL 10 Rivian colors compared! 1652367177881

Also appreciate the love for overcast conditions - I will almost exclusively be making my color choices based on those 😅

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
This is very helpful. Thank you! Still sticking with Red Canyon. My family all think we should get Limestone, and I am warming to it, but the more I see of the red, the more I like it. Also the more I hear of orange in it, the more I like it.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Super helpful! Sure wish Compass Yellow would make a 'real world' appearance. This video affirms my personal flexibility with colors for the R1T Launch Edition. I'd not own a black vehicle for the obvious reasons of solar/summer heating and it looks dirty 10 minutes after you wash it clean.

I would literally say YES to my Guide right now if she called saying, "found you a truck if you're flexible with color." As for interior, the BM is perfectly fine but I am more fond of the FE. Again, I would take either and be very happy. That said, I would have to decline in the very off-chance there was a Red or Yellow with FE interior available.

Didn't mention OC for the obvious reason it's not unleashed yet. I would take OC on literally every single color (except black). It would be my leading candidate for Blue, White, Yellow, Limestone and LA-Silver.

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
It's hard to go wrong with ANY of the Rivian colors. They all look so good. They really knocked it out of the park.

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 (Gray), Toyota Highlander (Gray)
Occupation
Engineer
I did have the El Cap Granite, then the Limestone then back to the El Cap Granite but right now, the LA Silver is causing a stirring in my nether regions. I've been married 20 years, it car colors that do it for me nowadays.

I'll keep it at the El Cap Granite for tonight.

Since I wont get my truck until season 2025, I'm sure the configurator will be getting hammered between now and then.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Jac