First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Tailgate first, cover second. I also find I don’t need to bang on the cover to get it to latch, but some downward pressure makes it click.

Possibly check your install. There are several levels you can adjust the cover to vertically and maybe yours is too low?
Sponsored

ThisIsMyHandle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LS FE 22 Dark, Kia EV6 AWD GT-Line
I finally got mine installed last night. I'm very happy with everything, but it is not car wash proof.

When I try to adjust it I assume I want to slide the cover deeper into the grooves in the clamp? I think it set it so the top teeth on both sides were hitting each other properly, but it's pretty easy to adjust them all lower.

Any experience on tweaking would help.

Thanks!

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
I finally got mine installed last night. I'm very happy with everything, but it is not car wash proof.

When I try to adjust it I assume I want to slide the cover deeper into the grooves in the clamp? I think it set it so the top teeth on both sides were hitting each other properly, but it's pretty easy to adjust them all lower.

Any experience on tweaking would help.

Thanks!
I would say to call them and talk about the issue. I called them when I got my carbon fiber cover from them...I will have to take it through the car wash again and check it out. I don't believe I have any leaks.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We are about to purchase one of the Lomax Tonneau Covers for Opal (our R1T). We have thoroughly gone through the finish options and are having trouble making a decision.

We think that we like a black finish, but which one? We like the look of the Carbon Fiber, but is worth twice the price?

We would welcome feedback from the group.

Brian

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
We are about to purchase one of the Lomax Tonneau Covers for Opal (our R1T). We have thoroughly gone through the finish options and are having trouble making a decision.

We think that we like a black finish, but which one? We like the look of the Carbon Fiber, but is worth twice the price?

We would welcome feedback from the group.

Brian
I owned one of their rigid covers on my last vehicle, a Honda Ridgeline. I really liked that cover for thousands of miles on that pickup. I purchased the carbon fiber because I like the look of it's surface and it is several pounds lighter that the aluminum cover. For that reason, I have the option of removing it and storing it in the gear tunnel because doesn't weigh as much as it's heavier cousin.

Sponsored

yosupitscel

First Name
Cel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '19 Model 3, a bunch of old jeeps
Occupation
Engineer
Tailgate first, cover second.
I finally got around to looking at it and realized the sliding latches were binding up a bit and not moving freely. Sprayed some white lithium grease into the track and now I can easily close the cover with the tailgate up. Thanks for your help!

EmptyTea

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM, Tesla MYP, Genesis GV60
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

Has anyone encountered the issues where you (I assume) aren't able to open the Lomax with the Rivian (or most?) cargo crossbars in place over the bed? I wish I thought of that before I pulled the trigger.
Great point, thanks for pointing this out.

beardlaughing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Tesla Model 3
Anyone know if I can replace my powered tonneau with this manual fold up design
I have a disabled powered tonneau cover waiting for replacement. Can I mount this cover in the existing tracks without a problem?

ByzRiv

First Name
Byz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2023 R1S, 2015 991GTS
Occupation
Healthcare
anyone w/ the tri fold also have a overlander type rack (like xtrusion overlnd) also installed? I don't think the cover can open up even with a cab (or higher) type rack...

Sponsored

slmitchell737

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T dual motor performance max pack
Occupation
Pilot
About to purchase-
My number one question is that I just received my R1T dual performance max pack end of December.
when ordering this cover -you have to "input truck info"-- the last option is bed size-
The only option that comes up is-- " 4'6" Bed (w/OEM tonneau track) "

can I assume that ALL R1T's delivered have that track? Or maybe since mine is a slight redesign with the dual max pack- it may not?

I'm also torn between carbon fiber or one of the blacks- the blacks all look great too- is the appearance worth the CF? Is the weight?
Website says 40-50lbs for CF and 50-60lbs for aluminum. Not to flex but I'm 48yo, 6'7" 320- will I care about the weight?
I heard concerns about cF scratching? Since the cover folds onto itself - I've seen a lot of YouTube's where owners were slamming them pretty solid- no scratches??

thanks for the info- I'd like to order it tomorrow

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
I don't see any scratches on my CF cover after 6 months of use. I like that is is not as heavy as the base cover because at 80, I want all the help I can get when folding or removing it...

Tac V

First Name
Tac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Real Estate
Has anyone installed this tonneau on their R1T? What are your thoughts and experiences with it? Thanks.
https://shop.agricover.com/product/lomax/lomaxtruckmodel/22-ON_Rivian_R1T_4ft_6in_Box_B3
Hi, I have the LoMax Pro Series installed on my R1T. Great cover, weather proof to 95%, during a heavy rain bits of water got into my bed. The only drawback is the spare tire cover opening is limited by the rails required for the install. It doesn't bother me as I can maneuver the spare tire in and out of compartment.

Rivian R1T R1S Agricover Lomax Folding Tonneau 2023-11-18 08.18.56 - Copy

OP
OP
SciGuy

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
Hi, I have the LoMax Pro Series installed on my R1T. Great cover, weather proof to 95%, during a heavy rain bits of water got into my bed. The only drawback is the spare tire cover opening is limited by the rails required for the install. It doesn't bother me as I can maneuver the spare tire in and out of compartment.

2023-11-18 08.18.56 - Copy.jpg
Thanks! I installed this months ago and realized I had to adjust the rails a few times to lower the cover so that the rain doesn’t get in. A couple weeks ago I drove through pouring rain on a 4 hour road trip and not a single drop got in the bed. Really impressed with the cover.

Tac V

First Name
Tac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Real Estate
Thanks! I installed this months ago and realized I had to adjust the rails a few times to lower the cover so that the rain doesn’t get in. A couple weeks ago I drove through pouring rain on a 4 hour road trip and not a single drop got in the bed. Really impressed with the cover.
That's great info. Thank you! I will try that today!
Sponsored