Sponsored

AdventureMat - Stealth Style Now Available!

jbrumsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Miata RF, F-Pace S, Backdraft Cobra
Occupation
IT
I've had my XL Stealth for a few weeks now and absolutely love it! Really glad I went with this over some of the others out there that I've seen in person.

The only downside is that it takes up both USB C ports in the glove box and the wires are annoying. I'm hoping at some point to remove the OEM chargepad and find a way to wire the chargers into that plug.
Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Yeah, there are adapters out there that split a single plug into two. I've only seen them for USB-A plugs. You'd probably need a USB-A to C adapter for these kinds of splitters. (Although the chargers I sell actually already include that, but Apple's can be finicky with adapters).

I've also tried to find a USB-C power splitter, but my research has shown that they are against the USB-C spec, and the ones out there might be dangerous. Edit: Most of the adapters that look like they'd work on Amazon only charge from one of the split outputs. I did find this product elsewhere that looks like it would work.

Another option I've thought of to get the fastest charging would be to use a USB power bank battery instead. Plug the power bank into the Rivian outlet and plug the chargers into the power bank. The car would keep the battery topped off, as it's plugged in all the time. You'd need to make sure the power bank has the pass-through feature, which allows it to charge and deliver power at the same time. This could potentially deliver full PD spec speeds. Here's a article about chargers with pass-through: https://www.powerbankexpert.com/power-bank-with-pass-through-charging/. Note, this is just an idea and not something I've actually tried. I'm sure some people also wouldn't want to permanently have a battery pack charging in their center console but it's safe IMO.
Thanks for the detailed explanation! I was wondering if you’re able to replicate the pattern on the original OEM charging pad? That might be tough though…

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5

the_akrish

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Clinical Educator/US Army
just installed mine yesterday! super easy install, used some of the putty and double sided automotive tape, worked great!

Rivian R1T R1S AdventureMat - Stealth Style Now Available! IMG_2175

Rivian R1T R1S AdventureMat - Stealth Style Now Available! IMG_2176

travvyt

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Hey @Mcdubjr, I’ve had the stealth Adventure Mat for a few months now and love it. I have one update request: can you make a version with a taller ledge for the camera bump? I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max and it sits perfectly with a case on the phone. BUT, sometimes I like my phone with no case and the camera bump is taller than the ledge so the phone doesn’t sit flat on the charger. This makes it slide around because the magnets aren’t flush (even with the stronger JSAUX magnets). I would definitely pay another $70 for this upgrade. And with the rumors about the iPhone 15 Pro having an even thicker camera bump, this change would also future-proof the design.
Sponsored