Sponsored

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Just ordered! Thank you for your service!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I am sorry if this has been answered, how plastic like is the product vs rubbery? I am trying to figure if it will look like it has been 3d printed like my center console insert or will look and feel closer to OEM (the stealth version)
looks OEM, feels like plastic but better than 3d printed plastic... i don't have the stealth model so everything sees the charging pucks and asks about them, so the focus is the charging aspect rather than it being not as nice as the rest of the interior materials. i am *very* happy with it.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
service manager at the service center today got in my truck and said "whoa that looks so good!" when he saw the charging pad replacement. he said he's going to spread the word about it.

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

service manager at the service center today got in my truck and said "whoa that looks so good!" when he saw the charging pad replacement. he said he's going to spread the word about it.
That's awesome to hear!

Sponsored

Firewired

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EL Cap R1T, Model 3,
Just upgraded to stealth. I love the improvements in how the puck locks in, and as well as appearing OEM. Great iterative improvement. Thanks.

krazos

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I don't want to spill the beans yet :). I'm working everyday on it and have many prototypes. Currently working on the finishing materials - I don't think it will look quite right with a single wrap and need some accent finishes. Also been looking at electronics. I have this module and will be testing when I get a chance. It seems to have the right specs, but we'll see how it performs.
Do you think your hardwiring solution will be compatible with your current charging pad, or would it be better to wait and see where you land before ordering the charging pad if I am interested in hardwiring it?

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
looks OEM, feels like plastic but better than 3d printed plastic... i don't have the stealth model so everything sees the charging pucks and asks about them, so the focus is the charging aspect rather than it being not as nice as the rest of the interior materials. i am *very* happy with it.
I agree with this. My ONLY complaint is that I wish the it was a bit more grippy so any non-phone device (keys, headphones, etc) don't slide around. But that's minor. Everyone that has seen mine is super super impressed with the OEM look.

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Do you think your hardwiring solution will be compatible with your current charging pad, or would it be better to wait and see where you land before ordering the charging pad if I am interested in hardwiring it?
I'm currently working on a new product that isn't meant to replace the AdventureMat, but rather offer a more premium version with some distinct differences. I'm calling it the Ultimate AdventureMat or something similar, and it will rely on a hardwired connection.

Although I could potentially retrofit the existing AdventureMat using some components and design elements from the new product, I'm not yet certain there's sufficient demand for it. That being said, I've been hearing from more and more people who are interested, so it's something I'll consider once the new product is launched. Right now, my biggest constraint is time, as I'm dedicating a lot of resources to both the new product and ongoing production of AdventureMats. I apologize for not being able to give you a more definitive answer at this time.

Speaking of the new product, it's coming along well and I expect to unveil it within the next two weeks!

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

I agree with this. My ONLY complaint is that I wish the it was a bit more grippy so any non-phone device (keys, headphones, etc) don't slide around. But that's minor. Everyone that has seen mine is super super impressed with the OEM look.
One of my early finishes was just Plasti-Dip and it gave that rubber kind of feel - however I didn't like the way it looked compared to the wrap. Trade-offs!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Just upgraded to stealth. I love the improvements in how the puck locks in, and as well as appearing OEM. Great iterative improvement. Thanks.
I'm glad you've noticed the differences! Based on feedback, I've been making some tweaks to the product, and it has evolved in small but significant ways. I'm particularly pleased with the new puck locks, which address the issue of loose trays that some people experienced. This new locking mechanism is much more solid and secure.

krazos

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm currently working on a new product that isn't meant to replace the AdventureMat, but rather offer a more premium version with some distinct differences. I'm calling it the Ultimate AdventureMat or something similar, and it will rely on a hardwired connection.

Although I could potentially retrofit the existing AdventureMat using some components and design elements from the new product, I'm not yet certain there's sufficient demand for it. That being said, I've been hearing from more and more people who are interested, so it's something I'll consider once the new product is launched. Right now, my biggest constraint is time, as I'm dedicating a lot of resources to both the new product and ongoing production of AdventureMats. I apologize for not being able to give you a more definitive answer at this time.

Speaking of the new product, it's coming along well and I expect to unveil it within the next two weeks!
Thanks for the quick response. In that case, I think I'll wait until the premium version is released. Looking forward to checking it out!

LaxRN

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 SEL AWD
Occupation
RN
Just ordered one of these, Stealth XL. It will be here before I get my truck (hoping for the end of this month) but super excited for this. It looks awesome!!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm glad you've noticed the differences! Based on feedback, I've been making some tweaks to the product, and it has evolved in small but significant ways. I'm particularly pleased with the new puck locks, which address the issue of loose trays that some people experienced. This new locking mechanism is much more solid and secure.
Just got my new version and going to install it right now!

eRacer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I was curious to see if there was a way to hardwire the chargers to the vehicle? I'm trying to keep at least 1 of the USB-C ports open at all times.
Sponsored