Sponsored

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
First off - love the product! It looks great and my phone isn't going anywhere! It is rock solid.

This is actually my second attempt and solving the phone charging situation. My first attempt was from a different seller I found on the forums, but really wasn't an improvement in stability for the phone. However, that version plugged directly into the truck's OEM power cable.

Instead of totally abandoning my first attempt, I am using some of the hardware from the other seller along with the AdventureMat, and now I don't have to even run cords into the center console. It's the best of both worlds (especially considering I am also using a 3rd party center console basket that was unwieldy to use with the cords).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

First off - love the product! It looks great and my phone isn't going anywhere! It is rock solid.

This is actually my second attempt and solving the phone charging situation. My first attempt was from a different seller I found on the forums, but really wasn't an improvement in stability for the phone. However, that version plugged directly into the truck's OEM power cable.

Instead of totally abandoning my first attempt, I am using some of the hardware from the other seller along with the AdventureMat, and now I don't have to even run cords into the center console. It's the best of both worlds (especially considering I am also using a 3rd party center console basket that was unwieldy to use with the cords).
Awesome, glad to hear it! I love hearing from happy customers ☺. That's really cool about repurposing the OEM power cable. Some people here have done some amazing work figuring that all out.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Sure. I've got a design that covers the holes with a .5mm thickness of material. I've tested with some different thicknesses and this seems to a good balance of strength without being too thick to show a meaningful change in charging speed. I got one of those usb speed tester plugs and it seems good. I need to do a little more testing in that area.

To start, I plan on selling these with MagSafe chargers to avoid any wrong size issues. I am using the JSAUX ones as they seem to have a stronger magnet. I've considered allowing people to choose the Apple OEM chargers for an upcharge - not sure about sourcing them.

I would also like to include a splitter cable (like TWRAPS does) - but I haven't really gotten anywhere with sourcing those yet. There are lots of y splitters out there but I find it hard to find specs on anything. It's not something I really want to guess on and get crappy stuff that would catch fire/explode/ or melt your face. More research needed, so maybe that won't happen in the near term. I'm open to suggestions 😆.

So... why am I not done yet? I've still been catching up on orders (getting close now). I've been running my printer nearly 24/7 for a few weeks now. Yes I'm the guy getting up 2-3 times a night... Why did I get into this? 🤣 I don't want to sound like I'm complaining though, I'm having fun and am fortunate people have ordered.

Anyways - I did decide to get a 2nd printer. It will arrive tomorrow, this will allow me to get orders out much faster and give me time to prototype other things.

TLDR; I'm not quite there yet, s00n as they say.
Are you going to continue selling these without any chargers as well?

For the stealth version, will that just include a wrap that goes over the entire charger puck, so the pucks can still be removed/replaced if needed?

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T

You wired the MagSafe pucks to the oem cables in the truck? Can you provide some clarity on how you did that?

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Are you going to continue selling these without any chargers as well?

For the stealth version, will that just include a wrap that goes over the entire charger puck, so the pucks can still be removed/replaced if needed?
I've been selling "special orders" that just have the vinyl covering the holes. I'm working on an official stealth version that will have a small layer of material for a completely flat surface. Chargers will still be removable, but I do plan to sell them with chargers to start at least. I'm pretty open to requests though, so when I my official stealth version is out you could just message me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Got mine! Love this one. Kid’s first statement was “that totally looks built in”.

And yes, every coffee cup I have fits in the dropped lip! I has teh success!

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Until Rivian creates some kind of drop in replacement for their charger, this is the best one out there by far.
Do you know if anyone on this forum is requesting that of them? If so, how would we make that request? Through the guides?

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Do you know if anyone on this forum is requesting that of them? If so, how would we make that request? Through the guides?
Yeah, I generally hear everything goes through the guides. I have emailed RJ before though, no response 😄.

Magsafe is kinda Apple-specific (my understanding is that 3rd party Android cases can enable it). I doubt they would make something that specifically uses MagSafe - although I have heard Apple is opening up that standard so it could become an Android thing as well in the future so we'll see!

They could still make something that charges and secures newer phones better, but my guess is they are kinda busy with other concerns. You never know what they are up to!

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Yeah, I generally hear everything goes through the guides. I have emailed RJ before though, no response 😄.

Magsafe is kinda Apple-specific (my understanding is that 3rd party Android cases can enable it). I doubt they would make something that specifically uses MagSafe - although I have heard Apple is opening up that standard so it could become an Android thing as well in the future so we'll see!

They could still make something that charges and secures newer phones better, but my guess is they are kinda busy with other concerns. You never know what they are up to!
Actually seems like MagSafe is going to be the new Qi charging standard, so we'll see more in the future.

https://www.macrumors.com/2023/01/03/qi2-wireless-charging-standard-gains-magsafe/

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
@Mcdubjr I have a weird question. I currently have an Apple MagSafe, but was just going to get one of the Jsaux units as a second one since I was planning on getting the stealth unit. Do you see any issues with doing that as far as fit, etc?
Sponsored