Sponsored

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
Hate the white circles... Find a better alterative and you got a nice product here!
Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I know that its designed around a phone in a case, but there's no reason it wouldn't work with a bare iPhone 14 Pro, right?

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

I know that its designed around a phone in a case, but there's no reason it wouldn't work with a bare iPhone 14 Pro, right?
Yes, it still works, although the phone sits at a slight angle as it makes the bump stick out even more. MagSafe attachment still strong though.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Rubber mat is pretty easy to pull out actually. The Rivian mat snaps out starting at the pocket and then you pull it off. It's mostly attached with some double sided tape. I plan on making a quick video but you can probably find something on youtube right now.
Oh wow. I assumed it had the charger stuff connected to the rubber mat. NO WONDER IT SUCKS. lol.

Why’d you design it with that bump on the mat? The mag safes should still work well even with the bump, right?

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
any concerns that youre putting the MagSafe metal pucks on the Rivian chargers active charging coils? Should the original unit be disconnected or a rubber mat of some sort be placed in-between?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Oh wow. I assumed it had the charger stuff connected to the rubber mat. NO WONDER IT SUCKS. lol.

Why’d you design it with that bump on the mat? The mag safes should still work well even with the bump, right?
Bump is needed for a good magnetic connection. It can work without the bump but doesn't hold tight.

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

any concerns that youre putting the MagSafe metal pucks on the Rivian chargers active charging coils? Should the original unit be disconnected or a rubber mat of some sort be placed in-between?
No, I don't think it's a problem. In my solution the magsafe chargers are also elevated as they sit in little trays.

It is pretty easy to disconnect the Rivian mat if you're worried though. I actually disconnected mine a few months ago. Can find instructions on youtube I'm sure :).

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
No, I don't think it's a problem. In my solution the magsafe chargers are also elevated as they sit in little trays.

It is pretty easy to disconnect the Rivian mat if you're worried though. I actually disconnected mine a few months ago. Can find instructions on youtube I'm sure :).
Oh ok, didnt know there was a gap between them and direct contact with the coils.

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Hate the white circles... Find a better alterative and you got a nice product here!
Noted! They are actually silver but I can see not everyone loving them. I've tested with another MagSafe that is a metallic black and also fits. My plan is to compile a list of compatible chargers beyond the Apple one.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Oh ok, didnt know there was a gap between them and direct contact with the coils.
The wireless charger is a self-contained unit sitting under the rubber mat that is removable. It is held in place by clips at the top (toward the front of the vehicle). You can also easily unplug it and then reinstall the unit so it fills the space without actually doing anything.

I have mine unplugged with a MagSafe charging mat on top (similar to the one featured here in this thread). It works great but you also don’t need to unplug the wireless charger. I just unplugged it because it was easy and I won’t be using it.

Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
The Max version will still work with the regular sized iPhone so I'd recommend that. It does cover the pocket more though, so that is a downside.

Here's a prototype of the Max pad for reference, iPhone 14 on left, 14 Max case on right.

IMG_0544.jpg
This is a very nice pad. Let us know when we can order the Max version.

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Those look really good and I’m glad you decided to let us buy the chargers we wanted. I want to use the actual Apple chargers and this one allows that. Just ordered!

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Those look really good and I’m glad you decided to let us buy the chargers we wanted. I want to use the actual Apple chargers and this one allows that. Just ordered!
Awesome, thank you!

Jnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wrangler, Tesla Model X
Clubs

This looks great. I will definitely order the Max version when available. Do you have any photos showing clearance under the armrest when the phone is on the pad? Just curious how much space is there for the phone.
Sponsored