Jayhawkeye

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Busy week this week and I forgot to post my update. Took it in Monday and they spent thirty minutes checking on the issue.

They confirmed all is functioning like normal and the sound is to be expected. Even if it sounds like a swarm of bees in the cabin đź‘€
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Busy week this week and I forgot to post my update. Took it in Monday and they spent thirty minutes checking on the issue.

They confirmed all is functioning like normal and the sound is to be expected. Even if it sounds like a swarm of bees in the cabin đź‘€
This is complete BS. No way that noise was acceptable. I can barely hear my compressor when it runs.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser

I have the horrible driveline clunking sounds and the chirping/whistiling are suspension sounds, but the sound you demonstrated in that video I have only heard when my AC vents were getting stuck. I don't think it's normal at all and would not be happy when they told me it was.

Reactions: Rad

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

We had ours on a road trip. It makes a ton of noise when preconditioning for fast charging. Very loud inside the cabin. Strangely, preconditioning didn't really do much....in fact I saw better speeds when I didn't precondition at all.

The clunking might be the CV axle. I think they lube and tighten those at the hub to quiet them down.

It shouldn't make those sounds normally though.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Mine only really gets loud like this when it's DC fast charging. Normal air-con I can feel in the accelerator a little bit but it's not noticeable sound wise when actually driving. We never see what you have the temp set to in your video, but I never have mine set to "LOW" which I'd expect basically tell the AC unit to go to 100%.

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I have a ticket in for our R1S for the buzzing sound, but am too busy having fun in it this summer to get it into the shop until end of summer. I heard on another forum it is a recognized issue from rivian. Apparently the mounting bracket for the ac fan does.notnhave adequate noise and vibration dampening and osolates causing the buzz and they are/have redesigned it. As for the liquid, I suspect it is condenser water. It is probably dripping out from all over because of the pitch of the rivian in the parking spot and where it might have collected on the shelf or other parts.

longhornguy2015

First Name
Darshan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura 2014 rdx
Occupation
IT Analyst
I have a ticket in for our R1S for the buzzing sound, but am too busy having fun in it this summer to get it into the shop until end of summer. I heard on another forum it is a recognized issue from rivian. Apparently the mounting bracket for the ac fan does.notnhave adequate noise and vibration dampening and osolates causing the buzz and they are/have redesigned it. As for the liquid, I suspect it is condenser water. It is probably dripping out from all over because of the pitch of the rivian in the parking spot and where it might have collected on the shelf or other parts.
Do you recall which forum?

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Do you recall which forum?
I don't, I'll see if I can find the reference. I know there are a lot of videos out there with the buzzing noise in the front frunk area.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

This is the only TSB I know of for A/C noise. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10222711-0001.pdf

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

The buzzing for me was only present when the vehicle was in motion. If I came to a complete stop the buzzing sound went away but the fan was still operating at max.

My wife was like...what is that sound. I get that it sound similar to a weed whacker.

Do you have defrost engaged?

Sponsored

longhornguy2015

First Name
Darshan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura 2014 rdx
Occupation
IT Analyst
I have a service appointment in June to look at this.

longhornguy2015

First Name
Darshan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura 2014 rdx
Occupation
IT Analyst
Today it went really loud, could feel it vibrate all the way to the accelerator. Anybody else seeing something similar? When the A/C seems to be running harder it'll really start buzzing.

LGR1S

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I’m on Day-5 with my new R1S and it sounds just like yours. If I turn off the AC, the buzz-saw sound goes away. It’s so unpleasant and embarrassing to listen to. I’m consiering returning the car because of it. Has anyone had this sound and then had a fix to make it go away? I’m not sure if I want to live with this for the next decade if they consider it “normal.”

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
Yeah, I have this problem, about the open another service ticket for it because I think the AC is going to explode. The accelerator vibrates so much that my foot goes numb that I have to lift off my foot for relief, so it's becoming a big issue.
Sponsored