A moment to appreciate... the Frunk

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I love my frunk. I use it more than any other storage on the truck. Its where I put my groceries. I also keep the travel charger (which i use to charge at work) in the front net area.
Sponsored

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

I'm not gonna lie... me and my wife did a head to head with a rack of St. Louis Ribs... Both dry rubbed the same... I smoked them using the 3,2,1 method.. and she did 35 minutes, and natural pressure release. I won't say the instant pot did them 100% better, but I enjoyed them both!!
We do chicken legs in the InstaPot for 7 minutes. We call them Salmonella Special Chicken. Coat them with sauce and put in the broiler to crisp them up. Scary but good.

BTW on Frunk organization there is a wide collapsable item in one of the thread that's out of stock at Amazon. Is there a recently bough Frunk sized organizer anyone can recommend to avoid things moving around when not full?

Underthe110

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Longshoreman
... The front trunk. I don't think it is getting the love it deserves across all EVs but the Rivian, specifically.

Some people (fools!) don't utilize nor care about the front trunk. Little do they realize, one can fit a pizza large enough for a family of four in there, meaning I don't have to have a pizza-smelling cabin for two days until it dissipates.

I use it for Costco runs and a full plastic tote fits, I use it for grocery runs, I store some random crap under the fold-a-floor.

Any EV without a proper front trunk is doing it wrong.

Let's hear it for the front trunk and all it's convenience!
Agreed! The frunk is my favorite storage spot!!!

OP
OP
cjbot3000

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Hey wait a minute, I didn't add frunk to the title here. ADMIN! UNCOOL! I'm going to go pout in a corner about the assumption that I'm a "frunk" person when I explicitly said "front trunk."

The front trunk is dead! Long live the front trunk!

CyklopsPDX

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Audi Q5, 2017 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Engineer
I have a collapsible crate in frunk for small groceries so they don’t roll about, works great, also keep Tesla charger adaptor plug in the mesh net!

This! The black plastic crates at Costco that fold flat are perfect, especially for Costco and other groceries. 2 crates fit side-by-side with room in front or in sides for smalleer things like gallons of milk. I can fit 2 standard reusable bags in each, and when emptying the truck of groceries it's easiest to just lug the whole crate to the kitchen for unload. When flattened they take a couple inches of space, but can also be tossed in the gear tunnel if more space is needed.

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

The frunk is invaluable for our family. It’s mind boggling to see so many EVs not even have one!

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
We too love the frunk - especially since we can't open the rear liftgate without opening the garage door. We just picked up our R1S in August and I have a question for the group: How hot or cold does the frunk get in every day use? I actually just ordered a Tempo Disc to track the temperature in the frunk. If we're driving six hours to visit family, I need to know if liquids can be in the frunk without freezing in winter or exploding in summer. For $30 the Tempo Disc will capture enough data to know...

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
I love Opal's frunk. I particularly enjoy opening her frunk lid with the FOB as I am approaching her with groceries from a significant distance in the Publix parking lot. Passers-by have to look in and wonder where the engine is. One lady was still at the truck when I got there. She asked where the engine was. I told her that it is an electric truck. She did not realize that there was such a thing. She does now.

Brian
True story...I went to my favorite liquor store the other day...they have really good prices that are even better when you buy by the case. My wife & I are boringly predictable, so we buy a case at a time (of her Enchanted Rock Vodka & my Maker's Mark) which last a good while.

I got out (parked about 3 doors down from the liquor store)...and was immediately "accosted" by a woman who just had to know everything about the Rivian. I gave her a quick runthrough of the major aspects. Somewhere along the course of this discussion she mentioned that she and her husband had a Nissan Leaf. About the time I was gonna break loose, he showed up. I had to repeat everything...this time even demo-ing the tonneau (yes mine works) and the gear tunnel and frunk. They were mightily impressed. Eventually I broke loose and went to the liquor store...

When I returned, they were still standing in front of the Rivian...I thought that a bit odd since it had taken over 20 minutes to get in and out of Spec's. It was only as I loaded up my two cases of booze (which fit nicely on their sides in the frunk) that I looked up and noticed...

They were standing in front of a little wire rack full of pamphlets...."Watchtower" ... I had spent 1/2 an hour talking to two Jehovah's Witnesses and there was absolutely NO mention of it... :CWL:

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
They were standing in front of a little wire rack full of pamphlets...."Watchtower" ... I had spent 1/2 an hour talking to two Jehovah's Witnesses and there was absolutely NO mention of it... :CWL:
You escaped unscathed!!! Rivian for the win!

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
... The front trunk. I don't think it is getting the love it deserves across all EVs but the Rivian, specifically.

Some people (fools!) don't utilize nor care about the front trunk. Little do they realize, one can fit a pizza large enough for a family of four in there, meaning I don't have to have a pizza-smelling cabin for two days until it dissipates.

I use it for Costco runs and a full plastic tote fits, I use it for grocery runs, I store some random crap under the fold-a-floor.

Any EV without a proper front trunk is doing it wrong.

Let's hear it for the front trunk and all it's convenience!
👍🏼👍🏼😎

Sponsored

Spyderman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S/Tesla Model S Plaid
I love that the frunk came powered from the factory. I had to install aftermarket parts/wiring to make my Model S frunk powered (and frankly, useful).

That it comes that way stock was a huge selling point for the wife, who now prefers using it since it’s deeper and groceries, etc. don’t slide around as much as in the back.

tculpepp

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I had a slow cooker full of pulled pork tip over in there the other day. That was fun to clean up. I wish there were a few more tie down points in there.
I put that in the bed. My crockpot fits perfectly in an instacrate. I strap in the crate, drop in the cooker, plug it in, and keep cooking all the way to grandmas. If it does spill in just hose out the crate, the bed, or both.

DeanB1452

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T LE/LG/BM
Occupation
IT Administrator
Clubs

I love my frunk! I have a collapsible crate from Costco and my BougeRV Fridge/Freezer in there to keep groceries cold or frozen for the trip home from Costco.

ealberton

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Occupation
Solar Sales
Clubs

Because I'm an avid biker and I leave my bike rack on the truck full-time, the frunk is a lifesaver. I use it as my primary trunk and use it daily. Otherwise, I have to lower the bike rack in order to allow space for the rear door to open. It was my biggest complaint with my old hatchback and because of it took my rack on and off all the time to help eliminate the need to lower it to get in as I used that space every day as well.

So the Frunk is a game changer and I LOVE IT!!!!

Rivian R1T R1S A moment to appreciate... the Frunk IMG_6963

RivianMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S and 2012 BMW 528i
Occupation
Banking
Clubs

I love our frunk! My wife kids me about it, saying that I'm constantly looking for opportunities to put stuff in the frunk, when I could have just as easily put the stuff on the back seat. My biggest complaint about the frunk: That the Alexa command to open it is not, "Open the Frunk!!!" but rather is, "Open the hood" or "Open the front trunk". Boo! It's not the hood, it's not the front trunk, it's the FRUNK!
Sponsored