First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Lexus RX350 & 2023 R1T
Occupation
Retired!
I love using the Frunk and these comments about how everyone uses it are great!

So.. how many of you have had someone come up to you with the Frunk open (while putting groceries or stuff into the Frunk) and say... "Are you having car problems? Anything I can help with..?" Then they realize its an electric vehicle and start laughing... I've only had my R1T 2 months and it has already happened 3 times.
Sponsored

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I had a slow cooker full of pulled pork tip over in there the other day. That was fun to clean up. I wish there were a few more tie down points in there.
Was it plugged in? Could you have avoided this with an instant pot? Everyone knows the most important cargo, included meat products belong in the passenger seat so you can keep your hand on the lid while you drive. 😉

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Mine in the R1S was frozen shut yesterday AM with important stuff in there. Had to manually assist the thing popping open. Not sure I had that problem with the R1T last winter at all. Something to consider though.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Farking frunk freaks.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Was it plugged in? Could you have avoided this with an instant pot? Everyone knows the most important cargo, included meat products belong in the passenger seat so you can keep your hand on the lid while you drive. 😉
Not plugged in. Everyone raves about instant pots and I have one, it's still in the box. IDK how to use it, but I might need to start learning.

Sponsored

JR72

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Occupation
RE Broker
... The front trunk. I don't think it is getting the love it deserves across all EVs but the Rivian, specifically.

Some people (fools!) don't utilize nor care about the front trunk. Little do they realize, one can fit a pizza large enough for a family of four in there, meaning I don't have to have a pizza-smelling cabin for two days until it dissipates.

I use it for Costco runs and a full plastic tote fits, I use it for grocery runs, I store some random crap under the fold-a-floor.

Any EV without a proper front trunk is doing it wrong.

Let's hear it for the front trunk and all it's convenience!
Two sets of Golf Clubs fit perfect. Safe and out of the way also no noise from clubs bouncing together.

OP
OP
cjbot3000

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

I love using the Frunk and these comments about how everyone uses it are great!

So.. how many of you have had someone come up to you with the Frunk open (while putting groceries or stuff into the Frunk) and say... "Are you having car problems? Anything I can help with..?" Then they realize its an electric vehicle and start laughing... I've only had my R1T 2 months and it has already happened 3 times.
Never, but I've heard a lot of onlookers mutter "duuuude did you see that? That's sick!" Or "wow did you see that!?"
You're the one securing the mattress to the roof of your car, aren't you? It's important to keep it from flying away on the highway, after all
Farking frunk freaks.
Fe Fi fo frunk.... Fruuuunk freaaak

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I love Opal's frunk. I particularly enjoy opening her frunk lid with the FOB as I am approaching her with groceries from a significant distance in the Publix parking lot. Passers-by have to look in and wonder where the engine is. One lady was still at the truck when I got there. She asked where the engine was. I told her that it is an electric truck. She did not realize that there was such a thing. She does now.

Brian

Sponsored

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Not plugged in. Everyone raves about instant pots and I have one, it's still in the box. IDK how to use it, but I might need to start learning.
I'm not gonna lie... me and my wife did a head to head with a rack of St. Louis Ribs... Both dry rubbed the same... I smoked them using the 3,2,1 method.. and she did 35 minutes, and natural pressure release. I won't say the instant pot did them 100% better, but I enjoyed them both!!

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I'm not gonna lie... me and my wife did a head to head with a rack of St. Louis Ribs... Both dry rubbed the same... I smoked them using the 3,2,1 method.. and she did 35 minutes, and natural pressure release. I won't say the instant pot did them 100% better, but I enjoyed them both!!
THAT is an endorsement. I'm clearly missing out and will start learning the instant pot pronto.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
You're the one securing the mattress to the roof of your car, aren't you? It's important to keep it from flying away on the highway, after all
I'm not gonna say I haven't learned a lot of lessons the hard way, but I will say that I now just pay for the mattress delivery and haul away.. :)

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
THAT is an endorsement. I'm clearly missing out and will start learning the instant pot pronto.
Simple things like stews, chili and hard boiled eggs... GAME CHANGER!! Alright... I'm not gonna derail this thread any further.

NorthVan57

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 nissan leaf, on wait list for R1S
Occupation
dentist
Clubs

I have a collapsible crate in frunk for small groceries so they don’t roll about, works great, also keep Tesla charger adaptor plug in the mesh net!
Sponsored