First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
It sounds like the same thing people are reporting from the R1T and I wouldn't be surprised if Rivian service also reports it is normal.
One member here is reporting vibration felt through the fire wall. I've never heard a Tesla owner report that and I don't think it's normal. If I felt vibration through the fire wall I'd be in the shop as soon as I could get in (and while it may come as a surprise to many here I got a next day appointment when my 12V battery warning come up).
Sponsored

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
One member here is reporting vibration felt through the fire wall. I've never heard a Tesla owner report that and I don't think it's normal. If I felt vibration through the fire wall I'd be in the shop as soon as I could get in (and while it may come as a surprise to many here I got a next day appointment when my 12V battery warning come up).
I can get that vibration in mine, but I have to push the truck hard. Was driving in 100 degree weather and then did some full throttle/braking driving for about 10 minutes though some twisty roads. After that the compressor kicked into high gear (or is it a second compressor).

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I agree with the vents seem to always been in a different position. I have a loaner and I can't pre condition my cab when I'm ready to leave. The cabin is so hot after sitting at work for 9 plus hours in 90 degrees + and those black seats are so hot to the touch too. I can't touch the main display either because it's so hot. I cant lay my phone on the passenger seat beacuse it got too hot. I do use a front windshield shade too. It has made the decision for me to get the roof tinted with ceramic. As long as the air is on recirculate, it works well and eventually cools down the cabin. I turn the air down after about 15 mins. It does sound like a airplane taking off with that fan running though.
You touched on a subject that I think some might be missing. For whatever reason, the air conditioning does not default to, or change to, recirculate. You must manually set it to recirculate to get sufficient cooling. This makes effective air conditioning unavailable for cabin pre-conditioning unless you have previously left the system on recirculate.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Time for a service call....
Yes. Rivian is picking it up tomorrow. I requested service last Saturday (5 days ago)

srazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y and R1T
Picked up mine Friday. Pretty much drove this beauty all weekend in the AZ heat. Did some towing as well and it works great.

A must have feature I’d like to see is cabin overheat protection like what Tesla has.

Sponsored

beinenson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

There is a trick to having your AC blowing harder if needed. You can turn off the rear AC and it will increase front output significantly.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
The A/C on mine is not keeping up. I first got the truck when the temp was in the low 80's outside, it was barely adequate, if it was in recirc mode. Now its in the mid 90's, and needs help. ......................
Rivian picked my truck up to fix the A/C last Friday (6/17). Bringing it back tomorrow (6/24). Rivian tells me the freon was low, but no leaks found. So hopeful its working well now. I think I believe this, the A/C has worked consistently poorly since I got the vehicle, keeps up in recirc mode on cloudy days with temps in the low 80's, but didn't get worse in the first 2 weeks.

Rivian also tells me the poor A/C could be the cause of the "DC Fast Charging performance reduced (or disabled)" errors I got occasionally when I first get into the truck, the A/C wasn't able to cool the battery enough. But they also mentioned the error messages were a known problem to be addressed in a future update.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I can get that vibration in mine, but I have to push the truck hard. Was driving in 100 degree weather and then did some full throttle/braking driving for about 10 minutes though some twisty roads. After that the compressor kicked into high gear (or is it a second compressor).
I initially thought this was AC as well (which is loud), but now I think it is the battery coolant pump since it seems somewhat inconsistent from cabin cooling.

We should try turning off the AC next time we feel vibration through the firewall.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Texas here, I am fairly happy with the AC cooling performance for a truck while driving, but it's not amazing either.

I wish seats blew a bit harder/cooler and we're automatic and came in during precooling, at least until temp is hit.

I expect/hope for software improvements to help in the future (cabin overheat, automatic seat cooling, precool directional towards seats/steering wheel, venting, one click app precooling that actually works the first time).

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I initially thought this was AC as well (which is loud), but now I think it is the battery coolant pump since it seems somewhat inconsistent from cabin cooling.

We should try turning off the AC next time we feel vibration through the firewall.
Yep, only get that vibration when fast charging and sitting in the vehicle with A/C on. If i turn off AC it goes away it seems.

Sponsored

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
There is a trick to having your AC blowing harder if needed. You can turn off the rear AC and it will increase front output significantly.
I'm annoyed this isn't automatic or at least remembers the last setting. Every time you get in, the rear AC defaults back to on. In my Tesla, the rear vents stay closed if no one is back there.

GaryGR

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE Preorder
Occupation
Enterprise Data Solutions
Clubs

That's what I do. But my wife always sets to HI/LO and does it manually. I don't understand why. She doesn't understand why it bothers me. The circle of life.
I feel like I just read a post from my alternate self. My wife does the same thing. And I was also a huge Amiga fan (still have a 500 and two 3000s gathering dust).
Sponsored